♡^Cold springs and warm falls | G.W.

(A/n)

Kind of personal. Or very personal. It's relative.
Angsty, as most of my original works.
I'll start working on the requests.

_________
_________
_________

Some time has passed by since anyone last seen Gerard – we only have news of him through Mikey, but sometimes it's the same as nothing because his descriptions seldom hold details, being very vague before he quickly changes the subject. Of course, Mikey's an asshole, but I guess it's not always just because of it.

We went thought similar situations in the past.

My heart still heaves the same way it did in the past whenever I think further about what happened or what is happening. He went through quite a lot, so it's natural for us to get worried.

It was spring when it first happened. I remember the warm breeze hitting my face while I laughed at something Frank had said, but turned around to a panicked Mikey urgently telling us about Gerard getting sick again, another time his body had apparently hit the limit of alcohol and drugs. Suddenly the rest of the season wasn't so warm anymore. With all the visits to the cold hospital.

Maybe that's why Mikey avoids the subject. Or it's this same hesitance we carry whenever touching the subject of what caused the series of unfortunate events or whatever happened the date. Something thick and quiet hangs in the air whenever it happens.

Taking this in consideration, I can't avoid the panic bubbling in my stomach and slowly making it difficult to breath whenever I think about the situation. Filling me with the awful feeling of something slowly escaping my grasp. It's like if I'm going to lose Gerard and I just can't. Even if it sounds stupid, it's always him who motivates me into doing something. Wanting to see how excited he gets whenever he likes something – the way his eyes lighten up, a soft gasp escaping his lips with his eyebrows raising lightly as his lips are slowly pulled into a wide smile.

Thinking about it makes me instantly want to do something to help him through this. And that's what brings me to now – standing out the Ways' house with a glass box under my arm and a bag hanging from my shoulder.

"(Y/n)?" Mikey asks, surprised in seeing me there once he opens the door. "Why..." He trails off, thinking for a moment, but seems to reach a conclusion about my presence there quickly. "Well, you know where he is." He steps aside to let me in, pressing his lips together in a smile. His look tells me a wordless good luck. I nod in response before proceeding to walk to the basement.

"Gerard?" I call softly as knocking on the door before slowly opening it. Honestly, the room doesn't really smell good and I don't even need to take a close look on the mess it's in to know there's probably some old leftover in a plate of food Gerard didn't take upstairs and cans of energy drink and alcohol scattered around. Not to mention the smell of the smoke impregnated in everything.

No kind of response comes from Gerard, but it isn't really a problem.

A pressure takes over my chest in the moment my eyes land on him. He lays on the messy bed, on his side, hugging himself. Disorganized dark hair strands almost covering his eyes completely, contrasting with the skin that's paler than normal. He's got his Batman boxers on and a Metallica shirt he's often wearing. There's a small change in his eyes in the moment he sees me, so I smile, not giving in to the tendency of the moment to get awkward.

"Hey, Gee," I greet him softly, closing the door behind me before moving closer. I sit down on the edge of the bed, beside him, the glass carefully set on the bedside table and the bag on the floor. "It's been some time." My voice is quiet, matching the silence the room is in. Seeing him again after so long makes me feel warm inside.