♪;Lights, camera and fuck off | G.W. | (3/4)

(A/n)

Today, I offer y'all this smut (requested by CabelosDehFogo )
Tomorrow? Who knows

honestly not one of my best stories, sorry

_____
_____
_____

Gerard seems kinda distant lately. Well, he still accepts all the love I give him, but it doesn't seem to be the same when he returns it. It's simply not the same when he wraps an arm around me every time I cuddle up to his side or when he gives me a goodbye kiss. I can feel my heart sinking to my stomach whenever it happens. I can't help to wonder if I did something wrong, but he never answers my questioning looks.

I sigh as approaching Gerard while we wait for an interview, hugging his side and leaning my head against his shoulder. He hums softly, wrapping an arm around me; it's kind of empty, like most of the times lately .

"Gee," I say quietly, looking up at him. "Are you fine? You're weird lately." Furrowing my eyebrows, I reach for his jaw, turning his face towards me. He doesn't answer, he simply pecks my temple and lowers my hand. I don't push it further because we're already called to take our seats for the interview.

Anyways, it's confirmed; there's something wrong and he doesn't want to talk about it. Ah, yeah, good luck to him if he thinks it's going to stop me.

~

"Gerard," I say as closing the bedroom's door behind me. He leans back on the pillows set against the headboard with his phone in hands, barely nodding in response to me. "So," I start as climbing on the bed, kneeling beside him and sitting back on my legs, facing Gerard. "Is there something bothering you?"

His response takes so long to come that I almost give up on it. "No," he finally says, mostly indifferent. "Why do you ask?" His light, casual tone doesn't convince me.

"Are you serious?" I ask through a tired breath, dropping my shoulders in a defeated manner. He's about to play the clueless when I take his phone off his hand, leaving it on the nightstand by my side so he can't reach it easily.

"Spit it out," I lock his gaze with my serious one, "you're making me feel guilty and sad," I breathe out, furrowing my eyebrows as allowing myself to finally express all of it. Then, I finally ask what the voice in my mind has been telling me for all this time, "do you... still love me?" My voice is quiet - I mean, I feel like it's not something I should doubt, but his actions do leave me in confusion.

The question automatically creates a whole heavy silence in the room - though it's nothing more than half a second, it feels like hours until Gerard widens his eyes, getting desperate. "Oh, sugar," he cups my face, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "I do, of course. Why would you think that?"

His almost hurt gaze do make my heart twist, but I keep my focus on what I want to discuss. Sucking in a breath to answer, I end up preferring to remain silent in the last second and shoot him a look of disbelief. Gerard sighs as letting his hands drop, playing with one of my hands between his. I wait patiently, though anxious.

"(Y/n)," he breathes out softly, looking down at our hands. "It's just..." Gerard trails off, his cheeks gain a light pink tone as he glances at me. "I'm getting too old, sugar, and you're still so young. Sometimes I feel like I'm stealing your youth away. Most of the times you prefer to keep glued to me, so I thought I'd give you more freedom, being more distant like this."

Oh. Okay. This actually doesn't make me angry or something - I'm just confused. "Gerard," I raise an eyebrow at him, finding his embarrassed manners adorable, "do you think? Like, sorry, but that wouldn't ever solve anything at all." I exhale with a hopeless smile, noticing maybe my choice of words wasn't the best one.