♡^Surrender the Night | R.T.

(A/n)

Request by the-mellokid , aka, the depressed bitch

I just love writing ones based in songs hhhh

_______
_______
_______

How did we get to this point? I can't remember exactly. Maybe it started going down in the same moment it started and nothing was supposed to happen. Yeah, that's right. We love each other a lot, but we never knew how to love - all we do is to hurt each other in almost every way possible, apart from physically. I lost count of how many times we needed to say sorry - or better, just tell the incident, sometimes without any apology - to each other, in one of the two ways, solely: sobbing while the words barely came out or angrily admitting whatever it was, impossibly annoyed.

We need to break up, (y/n) -, the words that caused me desperation at first, but soon made sense after I processed them properly. Ray is right. We keep hurting each other emotionally or psychologically in a way we won't be able to take it anymore if this keeps going on. I wish we were mature enough to know how to be gentle, honest, faithful with each other. I never gave him a answer.

It's too late now, of course, but it's not like I'd magically change into someone better because we're reaching an end - I already knew all the wrong points long ago, both of us knew. Still, we can't change; you can't make a person do this if they don't want to. Maybe, we like all that pain. But that's not the point.

"I thought I had told you we're over." Ray says coldly, shooting me a matching gaze through the small opening of the door, enough to let his face visible to me. All that posture is fake, I can tell. You just know every small thing about the person you love.

"The thing is that I want to do everything I never did in a last night with you." I'm not acting much different from him; my coldness is broken by the heat of my suppressed annoyance, frustration and nervousness.

"It's over." He says, through gritted teeth without any physical change, words that go ignored by me. Ray's hands are probably shaking as he holds on the other side of the doorknob and hides the other in his jeans' pocket.

"One night." In an attempt of convincing him and proving what I'm telling him, I let my voice tone turn softer while I try to transmit confidence and comprehension through the strong eye contact. "Just give me a single night before everything is over." Each word leaves my mouth carrying emotions that are probably in a way that's imperceptible to him, tightening my heart more and more. "So I can show how much I love you, for a last time. So I can look at you knowing you're my boyfriend, for a last time." And he's about to refuse, furrowing his eyebrows and contorting his mouth in annoyance mixed with confusion. "Give up on every pride you've got. Pretend this is your last night and surrender the night. Tonight belongs to me."

His eyebrows twitch while his mouth opens and closes a few times - meanwhile, half of me had lost all the hope already, a complete contrast to the other half who watches him with all the expectation and whose eyes still shine like it did long ago, in pure amaze, not knowing what a relationship with him would turn into. My heart sinks at once when the door is closed on my face, but I have to hold myself from jumping around happily at the sight of him leaving with keys in hands and a jacket on.

"Let's go?" I risk smiling at him, extending a hand to him. He's not hesitant in taking my hand in his, but lets it clear he's still not completely up to the idea because of the death glare he sends as doing it, then drags me along as starting to walk away.

Ray doesn't say anything else even after we get in my car, but it's not like I expected him to. The heavy atmosphere soon fills the car, making me feel like I was thrown inside an aquarium - a sensation that we usually feel whenever... making up after a fight or misunderstanding, so it's not weird at all for us. What's really weird is us finally reaching an end and my proposal.