◇^Impossible | M.W.

(A/n)

Suggestion by thatonenerd06 uwuwuwu

_____
_____
_____

Fuck summer. - I float around the pool as facing the sky, feeling the cold waves under me carrying my body slowly - a big contrast compared to the sun that seems to burn my skin.

My moment of peace, however, is suddenly disturbed when I feel hands touching me under the water. A high pitched and short scream leaves my throat when I immediately start to throw my limbs around, looking for support on something or to at least continue in the surface until controlling my balance again.

Laughter helps my mind to stop panicking, along with the same hands now holding me stably. "(Y/n), it's just me." I narrow my eyes at Mikey, silently wondering how distracted was I to not notice him approaching.

"Next time you want to kill me by heart attack," I shoot him a look, "plan it better so there isn't the risk of me breaking your face after you fail."

"I love you too." He grins, hugging me shortly. I playfully huff, shaking my head.

I turn around to the sound of the others running towards the pool too and jumping in; I turn my face away lightly, not wanting the splashed water to come directly at my face. Chuckling, I watch the three arguing over who jumped in first. Honestly, I think they all did it at the same time, but okay.

"Where were you?" I ask to no one in specific, just wanting to know why did they take so long to get in.

"We were getting some food for later." Gerard points to over the table that's near the porch, "You say it like if you didn't wait for everyone else to jump in!" He says accusingly, making me dramatically place a hand over my chest.

"I don't know what are you talking about." I say simply, facing away and hearing him scoff.

Frank and Ray playfully arguing attract our attention to one of the pool's ends, where Frank frantically splashes water at Ray, who shields his face laughing. They stop and swim over when Mikey asks what's up. "Ray doesn't want to accept I can swim faster than him." Frank explains.

I narrow my eyes at him, "Oh, but isn't it right? Like, one step of his is like five of yours, of course he swims faster too." Or not, I internally smirk.

"What are you talking about?" He twists his mouth, "If a step of him is five of mine, it's ten of yours."

"I still think it's deplorable that I need to look up at you." I say more to myself, shaking my head in fake disapproval.

Frank is about to reply when Gerard speaks up first, "C'mon, let's not argue, okay?" He says calmly, but his face signs he has a sassy remark to make yet. "We can step on both of you equally, you're both small enough." Ray openly laughs while Mikey clearly holds himself back.

"I'm going to break your face." I say through a laugh, finding certain fun in the comment myself. Frank just shakes his head, pressing his lips together. "But I know that, even tho my steps shorter, I can swim faster than any of you." I grin proudly, not caring about the doubting faces they make.

"Oh, sure. If you don't drown in the way..." Mikey says sarcastically and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What are you implying, Micheal?" I say in the same tone.

"Nothing, nothing." He raises his eyebrows as showing a kind of pout, his head shaking in a denying motion. I roll my eyes at him.

"You were supposed to stay by my side, you're my boyfriend!" I elbow Mikey, making him laugh. "But I really can." I nod, confidently.

"Sure." Frank says with a teasing grin. "Wanna prove it?" He points to the pool with him thumb and I shrug, nodding casually. "'Till there and back!" He says in an attempt to discourage me; still, I just not excitedly this time.

"I'll watch to know who makes it faster." Mikey says, but Ray and Frank disagree.

"You're gonna favor (y/n) because you're together." Ray complains and I widen my eyes, turning to Mikey to watch his response.

"I won't!" He complains, shooting Ray a look.

"You will, so let me do it." Gerard says already climbing out of the pool and not giving us a chance to protest.

"Mikey's gonna swim too!" Ray says when we're heading to one of the pool's ends.

Mikey contorts his face, ready to disagree when I interrupt him. "You are, c'mon, let me drown and blame it on you later!" I say, throwing my arms in the air and having a lazy grin on. He sighs, pursing his lips in a playful angry expression and moving closer.

"Impossible!" Frank complains after Gerard tells him I was the one to arrive to the pool's edge first. He glances at me and then at the others with an expression of disbelief as if to check if everyone else is as skeptical as him.

"No, I swear!" Gerard says through a chuckle, finding it funny Frank's reaction. I allow myself to laugh at him too. "You were, like, in the middle of the pool and they were already here!" He nods, glancing at me and then raising his eyebrows at Frank.

"If it makes you feel better," I pat Frank's shoulder, "I was in the swim team during college." I shrug when he shoots me a look.

.

"Can I stop now?" Mikey asks, turning his head a little to look at me.

"No!" I answer immediately and he simply smiles. I tighten my arms more around his neck as he swims around the pool, taking me along. We've been doing this for a while, he's probably tired, but this is so good that I don't want it to stop. At least not now. However, ignoring my answer, he stops and turns around, placing an arm around me, then leans back against the edge of the pool. "Hey!" I whine, looking at him as asking for an explanation by that, yet his expression doesn't change much.

He breathes a chuckle, "Let's just enjoy the moment like this." He offers and I nod understandingly, leaning towards him a bit.

It's calm - the others are already inside the house doing whatever while we remain here. A cold breeze makes me shiver, but it's understandable considering the sun is setting itself. Mikey and I silently watch the pinkish and orange colors dancing around the sky.

None of us say anything, neither does anything else really happen, but I think moments like this are nice. Just enjoying each other's presence without the need of sustaining a subject, simply understanding each other through the silence and knowing how one's happy for the other's presence there.

_____________