♡^no room in this hell | G.W.

(A/n)

Requested by deathwishdaydream

(c/n) means codename

__________
__________
__________

Zombie apocalypse, how wonderful, so lovely – note my sarcasm, please. I don't think the apocalypse part is what bothers me the most, but the zombie part. Look, I would rather be in an apocalypse where I'm, dunno, running around the desert and being free instead of living in a legitimate nightmare. Thankfully, I know how to handle things.

I sigh as checking my equipment – bag with food, water and first aid kit, along with a few towels, a phone and charger, along with a few tools, ammo and weapons I might need; my Nickel M1911A1 handgun in my holster along with a knife in the strap attached to my leg and, most importantly, my beloved chainsaw. Everything seems alright, enough to last until I find another place or at least anyone who can provide me food or whatever I need.

Sighing, I slide my backpack on and pull my bandana up to my nose observing my surroundings to make sure there's not any zombie around even if I've checked the area. The zombies in this area apparently tend to be more concentrated in the urban part, so I made a stop in the woods near the road to check everything before finally going down to the places I've planned on at least checking in – mostly stores, abandoned since who was able to already ran away. This area went down recently hence there might still be fresh food on the shelves.

My grip on the chainsaw is firm as I walk down the hill, silent and attentive to my surroundings. The chainsaw is my most effective weapon, even if the time of reaction isn't fast, what demands more of my attention. Well, I've lived just fine so far, there's not much to worry about.

The first stop is a store where I'm able to grab a few clothes, then move on to a supermarket, about to walk in when I hear the familiar groaning and mourning makes me freeze, tightening my grip around the chainsaw and preparing myself, ready for anything. I peek in the place, seeing they're gathered more towards the back of the supermarket and check if there's anything worth the risk.

"Holy shit, did this have to happen right now?" A faint voice comes from under all the groans, making me perk up. Now the crowd of zombies makes sense.

A smirk tugs on my lips as I pull my glasses on just in case before starting the chainsaw and, at the same time its loud sound starts filling the ambient, a shriek comes from probably the one who's been trapped. They slowly become more visible according to how many zombies I put down, wide eyes observing me from under messy dark hair whist they press themself back against the refrigerator.

The sound of the chainsaw dies down when I'm finally done and I sigh, looking over at the person with a proud air. "You alright?"

They seem like about to answer, but tense up again and points to beside me. A zombie left. Fuck off. I decide to just take my gun this time and shoot it, observing it for a moment to make sure we're safe then turn to the person again, nodding questioningly.

"Um, yeah," they breathe, running a hand through their hair as finally relaxing. "God, they really trapped me here a-and I ran out of ammo and— Fuck, I'm really thankful for you having shown up or else I would be dead now!" They furrow their eyebrows and show me a pained smile that almost has me chuckling. "Um, I'm Dasher. Nice to meet you."

I smile. "Don't worry. I'm (c/n)."

~

"I'm telling you, I used to!" Dasher pouts, furrowing his eyebrows lightly in a way that has me internally melting.

We have legit being sticking together since I saved him in that supermarket. At first, the plan was helping Dasher until he could survive by himself, but we ended up getting attached to each other and here we are now. I mean, I got a bit more than just attached to him, what's not really important; he probably doesn't return my feelings and loving someone isn't the wisest choice. Not in this world.