♡;I'll return | M.W.

(A/n)

Hail, children
Sum good Moikey content for y'all

Request by super_spearmint
Thanks for requesting uwu

_______
_______
_______

"Do you think this one looks good?"

"No, Mikey, my eyes are closed on this one."

"But I look good on this one!"

"You always do." I grin then chuckle seeing Mikey blush and shaking his head. I skip the picture and show him the next one. "This one looks good." I say and he nods. "Y'know, I want to make a photo album with those pictures." I smile. "An album just of our pictures."

"I guess we should." He smiles back and I nod. "We need to choose the best ones then."

"Says the guy who liked the pic where my eyes are closed!" I say shooting him a look and he just widen his eyes at me. I shake my head, sighing. "Whatever, at least I know how to judge a pic properly." I say turning my attention back to the camera I have in hands.

After we finish checking all the pictures, I place the camera away and Mikey raises an arm lightly. I take the sign immediately and get under it, hugging him and leaning my head against his shoulder. I let out a hum when he hugs me back and we just sit there, in silence, enjoying each other's presence.

The album idea seems really good to me, I mean, we like photographing and take a lot of pictures, both from each other and from other things - usually the sky or from beautiful things we find in the woods. Since we've been friends for a long time now - I still think we could be more than that but I'm afraid it'd screw up with the friendship -, it'll be something meaningful and... well, really important, I don't really know how to express it. Representing all the years together and the bond between us. A simple book that'll hold all the most important memories and feelings.

"What're you smiling at?" Mikey's voice cuts off my thoughts.

"Why were you staring at me?"

~

"(Y/n)."

"Hm? Yes, mom?" I ask looking up from the photos I'm organizing, seeing her standing by the other end of the dining table.

"I..." She exhales. "Well, your grandma... she passed away." What? - I don't know how to react and my mind goes blank as some photos fall from my hands and I stare, emotionless, at my mother. "We'll need to return to Chicago." She says and I widen my eyes.

"B-But like, we'll be back to NJ, right?" I stutter, standing up from the chair.

"We plan to." She mutters.

"N-No! We can't stay there!" I protest, remembering about all the things and people I have here. Like, Mikey. It was shit already when we left Illinois, I won't leave NJ now.

"We don't know, okay? We'll need to be there for at least some months because of all the papers, funeral..." She says and I sigh, nodding, not wanting to insist because of how she may be feeling. - I feel bad for not feeling sad about granny as I feel about leaving here. How we lived states apart, I wasn't really close to her.

Slowly sitting down, I stare at the pictures over the table. I'll need to finish this quickly. "When are we leaving?" I ask quietly.

"Tomorrow."

.

"I'm sorry, okay?" My voice is muffled by Mikey's shoulder. "I'll give you the album when I return. We must not take long-"