♡^Two straws, one drink | R.T.

After a last check if today's playlist matches the mood, I lock the door and slip my phone in my pocket. The first notes of the song coming from the earphones are weirdly enough to make me calm down and all the everyday worries move to the back of my mind, leaving me in a sweet peace, even if it's not permanent. It also doesn't make me feel so lonely. I do have friends, I do go out with them, but the feeling continues there sometimes.

Going for walks is nice; I enjoy it a lot. It wasn't really enjoyable in the beginning, but things started changing after I noticed it helps me with my anxiety. No one bothers me while I'm walking and observing the cars going down the road is quite nice – everything is even better if you consider the woods, in an opposite to the road.

I make sure of always going out when it's calm and the sun isn't too bright, though sometimes I end up needing to do it in random times. Maybe there's certain dependence in it, but... I'm sure it's better than a lot of other things I've done or do.

Taking a turn when reaching the road area, I can see someone some feet ahead. There's not a lot of people walking around by now or around here, but it's a specific person. Anxiety bubbles in my stomach at the sight of him, a good anxiety that gets my cheeks red and makes me hesitant for a moment until I decide to catch up with him.

We've never talked, only exchanged a few 'good afternoon's at most – something I would like to have changed long ago. I don't even know his name. He just has such a nice vibe and seems to be a really nice person; in a way I get flustered only by greeting him. His hair looks amazing to a point I'd like to run my fingers through it, but I'm not sure if it's something I would actually do because what if I ruin his curls? I'd hate to do that, even if accidentally. He's also so beautiful.

That's it, I'll try to talk to him today.

I pull my earphones off once close enough and, in a sudden wave of lack of confidence, I'm about to give up when he's looking back like if sensing my intentions. He grins.

"Hey, I've seen you around a few times! You seem to always go for a walk at the same time as me!" And, damn, he's nicer than expected. It gets me overwhelmed and I'm left without reaction. "I'm Ray, nice to meet you!"

"Um, hi, I'm (y/n)," I smile a bit awkwardly, but he's so friendly that I end up just relaxing. "And yeah, I always see you around." My cheeks heat up for no apparent reason.

"Do you work at a store in the mall? One that sells mainly band merch, I believe," he says thoughtfully. "I guess I've seen you there. You seem familiar."

"I used to," I smile, happy that he noticed it. "But not anymore. Now I work in the bookstore."

Ray and I continue talking with each other until we eventually need to take different ways to go home – though it does take at least three minutes of us standing in the same spot to talk more for it to happen. We exchange phone numbers and I almost feel like walking on clouds in the way home. I hope Ray really is as nice as he demonstrates to be, if not more.

After I get home and take a shower, my heart almost jumps out of my chest when seeing the new notification in my phone.

Ray:
Hey, it was nice talking to you, I hope we can hang out some other day again, in another place :)

Of course – I reply with a smile. It's just a stupid crush, but let's see how far it will take me.

~

"Oh my God, who in the hell are you seeing? You get worse day by day, (y/n), honestly," Frank's tone is mostly teasing as he stands on top of the three-step ladder to get the new books on top of the shelf while I sit down behind the counter. I've been mostly daydreaming, chin over my hand and elbow on the wooden surface.