♡^YOU | G.W. | (1/2)

(A/n)

Request by colagate-Lotion

If you guys have never watched it, take a look at YOU on Netflix
I love it, it also kind of gives me existential crisis, pretty good imo

_________
_________
_________

"I know, Ray, but what the fuck can I do if I don't love Gerard back?" I release a frustrated sigh as furrowing my eyebrows to show it better how desperate I am about the subject. My eyes travel to the empty cup of coffee resting in front of me; I start playing with the small spoon next to it in an attempt of keeping a part of my mind too busy to freak out. "I know much he tries to show it or get me to love him back, but it just..." At the lack of the answer I look for, I wrinkle my nose. "doesn't tick off, y'know? I like him so much, but he isn't the one." And it kind of leaves me guilty knowing so, but I can literally do nothing about it. Pressing my lips together, I look at Ray without expecting an specific reaction, just showing him I really got no clue about what to do.

At first, there's no response coming from Ray, but he exhales tiredly a few seconds later, raising a hand to rub his forehead - I don't judge, we've been in this for long enough to Gerard confess to me in five different ways with a considerable amount of time between each confession. "It's just..." He chews on his bottom lip, seeming to be in a constant argument with his own mind as his eyes dart around the cafe, like if the answer for all of our problems would be in a random detail or a word coming from the other costumers while they talk. "He seems too in love, y'know? He doesn't even seem to be anywhere near accepting you don't love him back and it worries me. The higher you fly, the worst is the fall." Desperation shows itself across his features too, mixed with a kind of worry that's shared between both of us.

We know Gerard is a good guy. Both of us consider and like him a lot, as a friend, so it's difficult seeing him in such state. I don't even know how to act when he confesses to me and I need to do something that isn't too harsh, but doesn't give him any hint that I'm interested in him too. I'm constantly worried I'll do something wrong that ends up in him hating me or falling in depression or something. It's the dilemma the guys and I are facing now - Ray is mainly trying to trace a plan while Frank and I observe Gerard; analyzing the previous confessions, observing how he acts now and trying to predict the next one.

"I don't know how," Ray catches my attention once again, raising his eyebrows and locking a strong eye contact to show confidence. "but we're going to sort this out, okay?"

I'm even kind of relieved when walking back home after Ray and I said our goodbyes, but it felt like a brick was placed over my chest when I saw Gerard waiting for me, sitting on the sidewalk in front of my house. He notices me approaching when I'm about two houses away, so he promptly stands up and watches me expectantly, until I'm finally standing a foot away from him.

"Hi, (n/n)." Gerard says with a sweet smile, tilting his head as he gazes at me. "I was wondering if you didn't want to come over to mine?"

Oh, no... "Gerard..." I say in a hopeless tone, forcing a smile.

"Please!" His eyes widen in desperation, like if his life depended on me accepting to go over to his place. "It's going to be nice. I just want to talk with you. I promise I won't do anything you don't want me to, hm?" He furrows his eyebrows as looking at me through his eyelashes. Impossible to refuse.

.

Slowly, I come back to consciousness. Whatever, it's Sunday, so I don't need to be up so early, right? Shifting on my place, I shift closer to the wall to notice it's... different. The texture, it's like glass. Curious, I open my eyes, blinking them until I'm able to see clearly. And it's really glass I've got my forehead against. Wait, where the fuck am I?