♡^I really like you | G.W.

(A/n)

Suggestion by thatonenerd06

_______
_______
_______

Sighing, I throw in the nearest trashcan the empty plastic cup and start making my way home, relieved I did everything I planned on doing today since that means I've got the day free tomorrow. The streets are weirdly empty for a Thursday afternoon, but I think I might consider we're not even near the rush hour.

I run a hand through my hair and look to both sides before crossing the street, pulling my sunglasses down in the way. When taking a turn, I notice there's a young guy - he stands in his place for a few seconds then bends down to pick four market bags that rested on the floor, by his feet, previously; he gets two in each hand. With much effort, he continues his way down the sidewalk.

Those seems heavy; I think to myself, furrowing my eyebrows. Speed walking, I catch up with him and touch his shoulder. That catches his attention; he instantly stops and turns towards me, stuttering a shy 'hi'. His face is red, probably because of walking under this sun while struggling to carry the bags.

"Can I help you with those?" I ask, pointing to his hands.

"N-No!" He shakes his head, trying to adjust his glasses with his shoulder since his hands are busy. "I can handle it myself! Thanks." He forces the corners of his lips up.

I tilt my head as looking at him, not convinced by what he said. "C'mon, it'll be easier for you." And while he stutters another excuse, I waste no time in reaching for two of the bags and taking them in hands. I widen my eyes lightly when feeling their weight - if just two of them weight this much, he must be really dying to carry four. "Let's go?" I smile at him, trying to look as nice as possible to not accidentally scare him or something.

At first, the guy blinks a few times as if to process what just happened, but soon we're continuing our way down the street. It's about a block away that we stop in front of a building and he places the bags he has in hands on the floor. "It's here." He runs a hand through his hair, pulling the back the strands that were glued to his forehead due to the sweat covering it. "Thank you, really." He smiles at me.

"Are you sure you can handle it from here?" I ask, still worried, but he nods confidently. "Okay!" I open a smile, placing on the floor the bags I had been holding previously. "No problems, by the way."

He's about to reply when - what I presume to be his name, Mikey - is called in the distance, making his eyes move from mine to somewhere behind me. Simultaneously, footsteps and a few voices are heard coming from the same direction.

I'm not able to turn around because a hand is placed over my shoulder in the right moment, causing me to jump lightly as a reflex. Three guys stand in front of me: all of them wearing similar clothes based in jeans, chains and dark colors. "Hey," The one who placed the hand on my shoulder says with a smile while the other two talk with Mikey. "thanks for helping him! If you ever need something just tell us, alright?"

"Alright...?" My statement sounds more like a question as I shake the hand he extends out to me. Seeing I simply shake it, he shakes his head in disapproval and pulls it away enough to not touch mine. I look at the hands with certain confusion then start understanding it when he claps his hand against mine then closes it. It doesn't take me long to get it, so I bump my fist against his.

He signs me to do a few other movements and, finally, we high five; the guys grins. "Yeah, that's it!" We crack low chuckles as lowering our hands again. "What's your name?"

"(Y/n). (Y/n) (l/n)." I reply firmly, trying to discreetly study his appearance while we talk.

"(Y/n) (l/n)..." He repeats my name as if testing it. His eyes narrow at me for a few seconds then he nods - actions, I presume, to help him memorizing my face and name. "I'm Gerard, Gerard Way." He smiles again, "Not gonna let anyone mess with you, alright?"