♡^The Dark Knight

(A/n)

Hello, I may be going through a Batman phase again and this is what I offer y'all while still working on requests

It's just a random concept

Pls notice it doesn't really follow all the notions of the story (The Dark Knight) plus some parts may be confusing because it's supposed to be part of a bigger story, thx

I wasn't even supposed to write it, but I didn't want it to go in waste even after being written, so I'm publishing it

Thanks the-mellokid for support, love u

____________
____________
____________

"...Dunno, it's something to do with a crazy idiot in a cheap purple suit and goth clown makeup," the male scoffed, shaking his head as he looked at the Toro, who sat at the head of the table, bored and stressed. "Must be no one."

"Yeah, but we can't wait for longer," Toro said through his teeth, sighing sharply as leaning forward on the table. "Either we get him or we get him. We can't continue this way or we're going to lose all the fucking money," he pressed his lips together and looked at everyone in disapproval. "And is this what you want to happen? You know what happens to all of us if we don't solve this." A groan came from him as he leaned back against the chair, pinching the bridge of his nose.

The laughter filling the room made everyone confused – a slow and humorless breathy laughter coming from me as I walked into the room, adjusting my suit in the way, earning me startled and alarmed glares. "And they tell me my jokes are bad," I say with a fake amusement, ignoring how Toro raises an eyebrow at me and makes a discreet gesture to someone else.

"How about magic?" I suggest before pulling a pencil from my pocket and sinking one of its ends into the table's surface in a way it stands, slightly leaned back. "So? It's here isn't it?" My hands move around it in a manner of causing suspense until the person whose gesture was to is close enough to me and, in a single motion, I sink their head into the pencil. They fall. "Tada! Gone. It's magic," I smile as pulling on the closest chair to sit down on it, shooting the others a look.

"Also," I point at the man from earlier, adjusting my blazer with furrowed eyebrows, "the suit was not cheap, you should know that. You were the one to buy it, anyways," I pout.

My comment causes a man to stand up, but Toro makes him return to his place. As predicted, the demonstration was enough. Toro sighs before telling me he wants to hear what I've got to say.

"I know why people like you," I point at the men, "who aren't afraid of walking into a cop, are here, having a meeting in plain daylight. You're afraid of the dark. You're afraid of Batman. You know he can find each one of you and make you squeal. And I can help you guys with it," I grin, wetting my bottom lip. "I can break Batman."

"And why haven't you done it yet?" Toro raises an eyebrow, unamused.

"Well," I tilt my head with a light shrug, "if you're good at something, never do it for free, right?"

~

"-and then, can you believe it they folded the drawing? You can't fold a drawing!"

"Holy shit, doesn't he shut up? He's been talking since you gave him that sketchbook and these pencils!" Frank says as walking into the room and, even without looking at him, I can tell he's raising an eyebrow at Gerard. "I'm already starting to wonder if trying to catch Batman's attention is really worth it," there's a hint of teasing on his tone.

By the corner of my eyes, I can see Gerard furrowing his eyebrows with a light frown, looking at me for defense. "No one usually listens to me," he says in frustration. He sits on the leather couch against the wall, the sketchbook on his lap as he'd been sketching while talking. His drawing probably has to do with the city, seen through the glass wall every room by this side of the building has, considering he's been glancing at it now and then. The building is on the edge of the island and we're in a high floor, giving a nice view of the other part of the city separated from us by all the water and the view is even more beautiful at night, in my opinion.