♡^Peaky Blinders | G.W. | (2/2)

(A/n)

Originally requested by Emotional_Bear
Part two request by Christevetay

____________

Next chapter is smut with ProRev Gerard getting pegged, stay tuned, everyone

____________
____________
____________

Gerard's eyebrows are furrowed as he looks at the distance, observing the horses getting ready and all the people around. It doesn't look like he understands much of what's going on – I muffle a chuckle at it, bringing him closer to press a kiss to his neck, right below his ear.

"What?" Gerard asks, confusion lacing into his smile.

"Nothing." I take his hand in mine, squeezing it softly as I look back at the people. "What's in your mind?"

The day is quite sunny, compared to how the weather goes back in Birmingham, but doesn't differ much as it's just a neighboring city. Clouds hover around in the sky, sometimes giving space for the sunlight to squirm through and warm us up, which made Gerard leave his coat back whilst I dismissed my blazer on the way here, though I believe he's more used to this weather than I am.

People wander around and the Derby attracting so many of them isn't exactly new. The wide space accommodates everyone fairly perfectly, hence none of this is uncomfortable.

"Nothing, really, I'm just observing it all." He sighs, wrapping an arm around me and takes a moment to notice I'm not giving up on getting an answer. "I'm just a bit curious, that's all, love." A light pink tone dusts his cheeks, intensifying as I grin.

"Y'know, the horse races have always been a family thing, though we mostly used to bookmark. Well, we continue, though the major focus is different now." I sigh softly, looking around until discreetly nodding to a group. "There, see? I think things really started to grow after we defeated Sabini. We've gone through hard times."

"Time to not only live for the business, don't you think?" Gerard hums, kissing my cheek. "I'll make sure you have enough time to dedicate to yourself from now on."

To be honest, the thought of not keeping an eye on the business the whole time makes me internally panic, like if a bomb was about to blow the moment I look away. Things aren't like this, I know. "I can try," I breathe, offering Gerard a smile – he doesn't complain, pecking my lips.

"So, I presume everything is okay with your brothers and the race isn't going to start so soon." Gerard pulls away, hand still wrapped around mine. "So why don't we explore the place for a bit?"

I nod in the same moment, quite enjoying the thought of finally being able to walk around because we've mostly been standing here since having arrived as I had to help my brothers with the horses and the papers when we arrived, then I found a nice spot under the shadow for Gerard and I so he could observe the place whilst I waited to check if everything was completely alright regarding the race.

"(Y/n)," Gerard says softly, linking his arm with mine as he looks around. Curiosity and suppressed amusement are often present in his expressions, mixed to the American manners in a way he sometimes seems to think he's somewhat superior, most likely contributing to the immediate disliking coming from people whenever they hear his thick and heavy American accent that subtly carries an Italian hint. I hum quietly in response, averting my attention from our surroundings. "We've never really talked about it before, but it surely has been hinted at. You're coming with me to New Jersey, aren't you?"

"I thought you lived in New York," I mutter, trying to avert the subject's focus away from that because the exact reason for us never having talked about it before is exactly due to me not wanting to.