◇^Come to bed | R.T.

(A/n)

Imagine requested by Aloelero :)

________
________
________

Although the band is going through a break, it doesn't really mean work is over. I ended up using this time to work more on one of the projects I've got with Gerard – helping with creating the plot and designing a few characters for our comic, currently. And not just that, it also means spending more time with Ray, what is exactly what both of us had been needing.

We actually opted for him to come over to stay on my place because there's no way I'll stop working on the comic and there's a bit too much stuff to take to his place. To be honest, it seems like he needed me more a bit more than I needed him or he's clingier. Sweet.

"You know," Ray says as pulling the papers away from the table and leaving them on the counter. A plate with one of my favorite foods is placed on the spot instead. "Are you sure I'm not bothering you? I'm still feeling a bit bad for staying here all this time." He scratches the back of his head as taking the chair across from mine, sipping on his mug of coffee.

I roll my eyes with a small smile, swallowing the bit of food I was munching in before I can answer. "Would you bother it if I was at your place for all this time instead?" He shakes his head. I shrug.

"But that's not the point!" He pouts a bit and I can't help but to chuckle, shaking my head.

It makes me feel a bit bad that Ray is doing almost all of the work – sometimes cleaning the house and almost always cooking –, but he insisted on doing it in a way of returning the favor. Like if he needs to, that lovely dumbass.

Ray makes sure to keep me away from my work for most of the day, pulling me to go watch TV with him or just talk with him while he cooks or even sit on the back porch with him, just looking around. While he washes the washes from the dinner, however, I rush upstairs before anything, taking the opportunity to finally work. Even if he calls for me, I have the excuse I can't hear him from the desk in my – or momentarily our – bedroom.

I sigh softly with the inspiration finally taking over me properly in a time I'm able to get everything on the papers. By the time Ray walks into the bedroom, the desk is almost completely messy, with all the sketches, notebooks, pencils and other materials scattered around it. Even tho I don't look up at him, I know there's a mostly playfully frustrated look on his face and most likely a pout. He doesn't complain, of course, since he knows I need to do these and we spent most of the day together.

A sigh escapes my lips as I lean back on the chair and throw my arms above me to stretch myself, my hand aching a bit from all the frantic continuous use of it. Ray lies down on the bed with his legs up, feet resting against the wall as he does something on his phone. I do spend a long time gazing at him, he's just perfect.

Eventually, I need to go back to work, but, apparently, what felt like about forty minutes turn out to be a few hours. Only a touch on my shoulder brings me back to reality, followed by arms wrapped around me and Ray, finally, rests his chin on my shoulder, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Come to bed."

"No, I'm almost finished here," I press a kiss to the corner of his lips and I'm about to reach for my pen again when Ray pushes it away.

"No, c'mon, it's too late, (n/n)," Ray whines dramatically, not letting me touch anything. "Please, let's cuddle, let's go to sleep, I don't know, at least join me in bed. It's not good for you to be working until late like this." He pauses with a small smile, waiting for my reaction. I furrow my eyebrows, a defeated expression on my face – still, I'm about to argue. Ray interrupts me. "Have you written your main ideas?" I nod. "So, that's it, just come to bed with me!" Kisses start being pressed all over my face and I find myself unable to refuse it again.

After I change into more comfortable clothes, I'm practically tackled to the bed by Ray. Both of us giggle as he hugs me tightly.

"Haven't you seen me in, what, a year?" I tease despite appreciating all the affection. I move around until I'm practically laying on top of him and cup his face, pressing my lips to his. A hum of approval comes from him as he runs his hands up and down my sides, lovingly, before letting his hands drop to my hips and squeeze them.

"You know how much I love you; I can't demonstrate it enough!" Ray's tone is like if he's saying the most obvious thing in the world, in a way it makes my heart flutter. He notices it, grinning proudly as he presses another kiss to my lips.

"Me too, okay? Damn, I wish I could really show how much I love you. I feel like if I don't deserve you, sometimes." I sigh as letting my head rest on his chest, closing my eyes and just enjoying Ray's presence.

"Of course, you do!" A hand rubs my back softly, rubbing patterns into it in a comfortable manner. "You deserve the best of everything," he says softly, but in a way I can't bring myself to argue against him. So, I don't. I relax against him and press a soft kiss to his chest, feeling his hand go up and start playing with my hair.

_____________