◇^Are you scared? | G.W.

(A/n)

Requested by Hewo_child_here

It was nice writing this one, it even got me in the vibe for watching some classic horror, amen

_________
_________
_________

"We could watch something," Gerard suggests out of nothing, earning a vague nod from me as most of my attention is on the phone in my hand. "I'm up to watching a horror movie now." He says and doesn't seem to contempt himself with my nod, leaning his head on my shoulder and staring at me until I turn to him.

I roll my eyes, chuckling. "Yeah, sounds good." Setting my phone aside, I wrap my arms around him, pressing a kiss to his lips and a few others all over his face. The way he seems happy at receiving the so much wanted attention is adorable; he blushes as giggling cutely.

"Okay, I'll choose one," Gerard pecks my cheek before practically jumping up from the couch and his way to the shelf, where he eyes all the DVD cases thoughtfully. He hums happily as picking up one of them and places the disc in the player before returning to the couch, seeming excited. He looks at me with a smile and cuddles up to my side again as the movie starts.

Right away, I recognize it's a movie I've watched a few times already, what means that it's not as scary as it was for me at first, but it's still interesting, nonetheless. It allows me to pay more attention to the story itself instead of jumping whenever the assassin shows up unexpectedly and prevents me from getting kinda paranoid or jumpy after watching it. I'm just not sure if Gerard has watched it, but he'll certainly like it.

The vibe pretty much matches the movie - it's a weekend in early October, it just started getting dark outside and we'll probably eat dinner after finishing to watch the movie. The TV is the only source of light in the room, casting shaky lights.

Gerard does grow a bit nervous whenever there's a tense scene, however, the fact he starts - most likely unconsciously - clutching more onto me through the time proves my assumptions that he's never watched it before. His tension and anxiety end up becoming more amusing to me than the movie itself; it's quite interesting seeing how he quietly mumbles to the characters about the assassin being close and lets out a few quiet gasps while his wide eyes almost never blink.

As the movie's mood ease, Gerard grows more relaxed, so I turn my attention back to the TV. He adjusts his position against me and, by the corner of my eyes, I can see him eyeing me like if checking if I'm observing him or something before returning to his previous position, humming quietly.

An extremely calm scene in a horror movie can just mean one thing. Being a fan of horror movies, I thought Gerard would've predicted it, but no - he jumps scared when the assassin suddenly shows up on the screen, almost choking on his own spit. I can't resist and immediately start to laugh, the screams coming from TV momentarily becoming just another detail in the background as he shoots me a glare.

"(Y/n)!" Gerard whines - though I'm barely able to see his face in the dark room, I'm sure his cheeks are burning red. He groans in certain frustration as burying his face in his hands for a moment then quickly looking back at the movie. After all, it's already the end of the movie.

"I'm sorry," I say quietly through a chuckle, pulling him close to me again. He grunts, but moves closer anyways, draping a leg over my lap.

Through the last minutes of the movie, Gerard seems to fight himself to decide if he's going to bury his face in my shoulder or keep his eyes on the TV's screen. He noticeably relaxes as soon as the credits start rolling up the screen and pulls away to look at me indignantly.