♪"Turn over | G.W.

(A/n)

Requested by anon on Tumblr

______

Pls go check FrankLerosLipRing Frank books because their works are awesome and they also write male reader stories (smut, amen) and we're sort of writing a book of Frank x male reader oneshots together. Pls really go take a look :]

______
______
______

Smoke escapes my lips as I look into the distance, watching the commotion around the parking lot from under the sunglasses I stole from Gerard earlier. People walk around the parking lot under the bright sun, either rushing to whichever shadow they can find or just having given up to the sunburns – certain pride swells in my chest at Gerard and I having seats right under the bus' shadow.

The cigarette is suddenly snatched from my fingers, making me raise an eyebrow at Gerard, who carelessly takes a drag of it before dropping the stump to the ground, smashing it against the concrete with the heel of his boot. The closest to a reaction I get from Gerard is a cynical smile, which seems to only grow after I shake my head to myself. Definitely something that would get me mad if I wasn't used to it after all these years.

"Annoying bitch," I mutter in his ear, pressing a kiss to the side of his face.

"Possibly." He grins. "But all yours."

I hum at Gerard, nuzzling him softly and giving him a last kiss before I can pull away and it's impossible not to smile at his adorable manners, blushing shyly at the affection.

As much as there isn't exactly much we would be doing if not here, something makes me want to stand up and go wander around every few seconds just to remember I can't and there goes another sigh as I turn to look for something interesting to watch. Maybe it's to do more with the heat crawling up my skin in such an annoying way rather than the lack of anything to do.

"Gerard!" Someone suddenly says and they're finally here, thank hell.

It doesn't take long for them to prepare all the cameras, which happens while the guy shares some words with Gerard about the interview. I don't really need to move as the cameras will be mostly focused on the two and a good distance separates Gerard and I.

"I see you're with your girlfriend," the guy comments and I internally cringe, preferring to continue pretending I'm not following the conversation. Girlfriend. Awfully wrong.

"Yeah," Gerard replies shyly and I suddenly feel a hand – his hand – wrapped around mine, holding onto it firmly with this subtle nervousness he holds whenever in front of a camera, no matter how many times this happens. I squeeze his hand softly, making him relax a bit under my touch.

Gerard lets go of my hand at some point and their words turn into incoherent noises in the background until I decide to avert my attention to them and actually watch them... until I get lost in thoughts again.

Having people refer to me by she, her, girl is so frustrating. I wasn't worried about it at first, reminding myself my pronouns don't define who I am, and things took an unexpected – or maybe not so unexpected – turn, only getting worse; still, I manage to bite my tongue whenever it happens. I'm not a girl, no, but I'm not a guy. None of these feel right. A label itself doesn't feel right; at least now.

Of course, perhaps things would be easier if I discussed it with Gerard because we're always helping each other out, almost unable to function on our own after spending all these years inseparably. Something, however, holds me back, having the words caught in my throat whenever the subject crosses my mind. This is almost shameful, with Gerard being so open with me the whole time while I can't tell him something so important. He's even talked with me about his own gender issues.