♪"Over the principal's desk | M.W.

(A/n)

Requested by AloeIero

_________
_________
_________

Fucking school. I sigh as walking down the hall, hands tucked in my pockets – I should have gotten out of here two years ago, but no, I needed to have mental health issues and hell knows what motivated a teacher to lower my final grade. The good thing is that I'll get out of this hellhole this year, in less than a month. Finally.

A smirk tugs on my lips as I spot the restroom's door, glancing at the gender-neutral sign before pushing the door open.

"Get the fuck out," I say as soon as I step into the room. The two people who stand by quickly scurry out of the restroom, what I ignore as making my way over to the far corner to hop on the counter, relaxing against the wall at the peace of being alone. I allow myself to appreciate the silence for a moment before fishing the vape from my jacket's pocket, only the clinking sound of my chains echoing through the empty ambient.

A light breeze comes from the open windows of frosted glass which follow the wall, about a foot below the ceiling line, giving the smoke a nice place to escape through. This is one of the reasons that makes this one of the best places around the school, added up to how it's in a mostly empty area, so no one really comes here.

Footsteps echo down the hall, but I don't really care – I'll be able to scare off anyone who walks in and it's not like any teacher or whatever comes here, only coming to this wing of the school to grab something from the labs or an extra desk, at most.

The footsteps stop outside the door and I roll my eyes, pausing to observe whether they're going to open the door already or not. It takes a few seconds, but the doorknob is soon turning and I inhale, about to tell them to fuck off when I see him there; the last person I waited for whilst the worst one who could show up here. The fucking principal.

Silence hovers in the room at first, both of us looking at each other with equally wide eyes and surprise.

"Fuck," I breathe, barely audibly as sticking my vape into the inside pocket of my jacket.

Mr. Way sighs, shaking his head to himself in disappointment, also unamused, as approaching with his hand out – I roll my eyes, placing the vape on it. "I hope to see you in my room after the last hour," he says in a stern tone.

I twist my mouth. "Or else what? You can have that one, it's not my only one." Shrugging, I lean back against the wall and watch his jaw going slack as he looks at me.

"Well, but I don't think you'll be up to be held back for a third year, hm?" He raises an eyebrow at me, seeming pleased with how I widen my eyes because he knows, he fucking knows I can't take it staying in this damned place for another year. Whether the slightest smirk tugs on his lips or not, I can't tell, too worried about the fact I should really show up in his room later today.

I hate you, Michael fucking Way.

Anxiety keeps buzzing under my skin the whole-time during class, what leaves me in some sort of panic since I also want to keep all my focus on the teacher so I won't fail the finals – yeah, not like I need much to pass considering my grade, but fucking Way left me on the uncertainty. It's not like he can ruin my chances completely, still, I need to be wary.

The bell rings for the last time in the day and I shudder, taking all the time in the world to pack up my stuff, but that seems useless as, checking the clock, I noticed only a couple of minutes passed.

Authority and the notion of having someone with more power than me has never really been something appealing. It just doesn't make sense— Ugh, I can't explain it properly, but it feels like a personal challenge, telling me I'm not good enough or something of sort. Seeing Way on the armchair behind the goddamn principal desk with the 'Principal Michael Way' sign on it only has me wanting to throw him to the ground and take the seat myself, with my feet on the desk.