♡;Death - G.W. | (2/2)

Gerard didn't like when I said I wanted to live until my 100 years or more - he took it as a message I didn't want to meet with him for a long time - and was an ass enough to make me remember everything that happened before I incarnated this last time. Especially when he said he wasn't going to come back.

It's been three centuries. 342 to be exact and I still look like a 20 year old. Nothing seems to make me die - I've already tried to stab myself in the chest and shoot my head, yet I could make it through miraculously.

I've seen him around 10 times already. One when I was 38, another one when I was 98, when I was 113, 142, 157, 179, 200 and some more. In every single time, he just looked at me with a mix of anger and angst on his eyes, but never said nor did anything.

I sigh turning this steering wheel to the right for a few seconds so the car does the same, doing the empty road's turn.

World is a mess by now. Everything was okay until 2150-ish - technology was present in our life, nothing was not related to it - when the systems started going down, beginning a new era we decided to call Danger Days. Now, it's 2382.

Uncountable people died due to not knowing what to do without technology - what made me see Gerard more often after my 113 years old - but I could survive since I was there previously the technology started to take over our world.

High technology cities are abandoned, just a few humans are there in the world - as far as I know - and some are trying to restart everything while the rest create even more conflicts between themselves. I doubt humanity is going somewhere like this.

I stop the car in a gas station and get out of it, walking towards an vending machine. I examine what's inside and smile to smile to myself seeing the food inside. I hope it's still good.

Not like I can die from dehydration or hunger, but eating a snack is fun sometimes, isn't it?

With a few kicks, the front glass is broken and I'm able to get all the contents from inside it and carry it to the car, continuing my trip.

Yes, trip. To where? Why? Well, that I don't know. I honestly hope I die soon. I've already spent my 500 years credits, fuck, even more than it! I've lived for 523 years by now. I wonder what the other three are thinking about it.

There's a sound of something exploding followed by screams and, startled, I stop the car immediately and notice faint raising sounds of people yelling - yells of pain and hatred.

It was a bomb and it's war. Another war. Western districts are the ones that are most often in war. Why the hell did I even decide to come here in first place?

Seeing some people in the distance, I change the car gear, preparing to turn and speed away as fast as I can.

That would have succeeded if some motherfucker did not shoot two tires making it impossible for the car to work perfectly.

"Fuck!" I say enraged, grabbing two laser guns and running out of the car.

And there's this detail. Wherever war is, death follows close.

As dying isn't a problem for me, there isn't any problem in standing in the middle of a war and just watching it, careless. I really would do so, however pain isn't something I'm so found of.

Even though I run as fast as I can, the crowd of people is able to swallow me and I need to be careful to not get thrown on the floor by anyone.

I frantically look around looking for something - stairs, stores, I don't know - that could help me to get away from this mess.

As doing so, I'm able to spot a calm figure standing on the roof of a two floor building.

He seems bored and even with his hair now white, I'm able to recognize Gerard.