Prologue

I was very young when it happened. There was nothing I could do….

A man came to the underground of our chapel and talked about all sorts of crazy things.

“I am an eldian, and I have come from beyond the walls. I, like you, am a subject of Ymir,” he spoke. “King of the Walls. Please, you must kill the titans attacking the walls at once! Before my wife…. And my children, before the people of the walls are eaten!”

We all stood in shock and my older sister Freida stood in front of us.

“We cannot escape our sins. The time has come for the subjects of Ymir to face judgement. Man is far too weak in the face of such massive power. The tragedy if the titan war has made me realize, someone must keep the power of the titans out of human hands,” she replied proudly. “If the power of the founder were to again fall into the hands of the weak…the world will be turned to hell once more. In order to protect the world…we must accept our sins. Our only choice is to perish….”

The man then began to scream about how his home was close to the destroyed wall and that was where his family was. He also said that the people in these walls know nothing of the crimes their ancestors have committed because we stole their memories.

“You call this atonement?! Dooming us to be eaten by titans, ignorant to the end?!”

“…No. No matter how we may repent…we eldians can never return the human lives we took.” Frieda spoke softly. “But what we can do is prevent the taking of lives beyond our walls. So long as we remain ignorant and accept the world’s rage. We eldians will be the only ones who have to die.”

He stood silent for a moment, taking in her words before he finally spoke again.

“I know. I realize I can’t use the power of the founder,” he stated.

“Huh…” Frieda murmured.

The rest of the family stood in shock at how much he knew about the secrets we’ve been keeping.

“Each of the nine titans is unique in its own way, including the one within me…the attack titan,” he announced. “From long ago, the inheritor of the attack titan never obeyed orders. I know why that is. It’s all been to resist the self-righteousness of the king. Yes…for this moment. It’s why we’ve all been led to this memory…”

“Da... what is he talking about?” I questioned, but was only shushed.

“The attack titan is capable of seeing into the memories of its future inheritors! In other words, it is capable of knowing the future,” he spoke again. “I know you’re unaware of this, because even if you are part of the royal family, the vow to renounce war keeps you from using the founder’s full power as well. From here, I will eat the founder and put an end to the royal bloodline. That is the future already set for us!”

He then pulled out a scalpel and went to stab himself. Frieda yelled for us to run, but then we heard the sound of a fallen object. He had dropped the scalpel. He fell to his knees and began to mutter things to himself, that we couldn’t hear.

“What are you doing Frieda! Hurry up and kill that man!” Father yelled. “The founder is invincible! KILL HIM!”

“You can’t let him leave here alive now!”

“Hurry up and kill him, sister!”

“He’s going to destroy our heaven!”

“Frieda! You have to protect everyone!”

“Huh…” was my response. I was young, I didn’t know what was happening. Wasn't our goal to protect the people of the walls?

All the sudden, he picked up the scalpel again and stabbed himself right in the palm of his hand. Frieda immediately turned into her titan form to defend us. They fought and it was a brutal battle, but Frieda got overtaken and was eaten by the giant titan that was once a man. He didn’t stop with her thou….

Dirk and Abel ran to Frieda, but were then crushed by the Attack Titan. He raged on and then trampled over my mother and sister, Florian. He then grabbed hold of my eldest brother, Ulklin, and squeezed the life out of him. I had hidden behind a pillar, while my father ran away, leaving me behind. I stayed hidden while the titan raged on and stormed out of our heaven, destroying it. Hours went by and I finally emerged and climbed my way out.

My father had abandoned me, and the rest of my family was dead. What was I going to do? I’m only ten. I then ran off, hoping to find some form of shelter. I found an abandoned cabin and ran inside as it began to rain. I sat on the ground, crying.

“They’re dead…. They’re all dead and my father left me behind,” I cried. “He killed them, but we were letting people die. I can’t even tell who is in the wrong. How am I suppose to know this.....I’m ten!”

I decided to not think about it anymore. I took my white robes off and replaced them with some spare clothes in the cabin. I saw a bed and moved over to it, lying down with a sigh.

“Goodnight….”

I

was awoken when I heard a door open. I shot up and looked in fear to see a simple man, with short ruffled brown hair and amber eyes.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know someone lived here,” I rambled as I immediately stood up from the bed.

“I don’t live here. Sorry,” he responded. “But titans have broken into the walls and we’ve been evacuating the inner land of Wall Maria.”

“The wall fell, just as he said,” I murmured.

“What was that?” he questioned.

“Nothing!”

He let out a sigh and said, “Let’s go. The titans may be slow, but they will be upon us soon enough.”

He grabbed my hand and walked me out of the house. He helped me onto his steed and then got on himself, riding off.

“I have a home in Trost. It isn’t much, but I’m sheltering a few friends of mine who are evacuees from Shiganshina,” he mentioned. “You can stay with me if you’d like.”

“Umm…” I murmured to myself.

I have to hide. My father probably thinks I’m dead and if the military police find me, I’ll be dragged back to him. I don’t want that. Plus, what I’ve seen is not to said to the public. Everything I know, including my identity must be secret.

“Yes. That is very kind of you,” I finally replied.

We rode in silence for a while longer until he asked what my name is.

“I’m (Y/N) Reis…. Reisen. (Y/N) Reisen!”

“Nice to meet you (Y/N) Reisen. I’m Xavier.”

“Nice to meet you as well.”

We soon arrived to the city of Trost and on great timing. The rest of the evacuees had arrived, making the city super crowded. I watched as the hordes of people tried to find shelter, food, and money. Already fighting amongst themselves. All I could think of was...

My family could have stopped this.                                                              

Hello everyone! I'm writing a new story! Yayyyyy!
People who read the manga probably already know this scene a bit, but it's not that much of a spoiler if you watch the anime, season 3.
Anyway! I'm so glad to be writing again and I hope you like it!