Ch. 81 - Whose Memories

Warning: Spoilers. If you haven't read the manga there are slight spoilers towards the end of this chapter.

"Frieda look. You have another baby sister," Uncle Uri called as he held a child in his arms.

"Another sister..." Frieda murmured as she walked up to Uri.

"Yes...Your mother named her (Y/N)..." Uri responded and held her for Frieda to see. "She's going to do great things."

"Like me Uncle?" Frieda asked with a smile.

"Yes. Like you," Uri spoke. "That's why you have to look after her."

"What is this?" Eren asked as he stood watching the seen.

"The day I was born....Through the eyes of my Uncle Uri," I replied. "He was such a kind man. He always made sure to look after us kids. My father and mother barely paid attention to us. But when they did, all they did was scold us."

"Uncle Uri! I want to become a scout!" Young (Y/N) yelled as she raced around, jumping on furniture.

"You've got the makings of one," Uri joked with a smile. "You would make a good scout but I think you can think bigger."

"Like what?" She asked curiously, walking up to him.

"A beautiful titan," Uri whispered as he picked her up. "Queen and Goddess of the walls. Admired by all. The one person who can save everyone."

"I could save everyone?" Young (Y/N) asked.

"Yes. I believe in you," Uri spoke and kissed her forehead.

"Your Uncle seemed like a nice man," Eren commented.

"He was," I responded softly and began to search more.

"Frieda...." Young (Y/N) asked with tears in her eyes. "What happened to Uncle Uri....I don't understand..."

"I know you don't (Y/N)," Frieda spoke. "But I will explain it to you soon."

"You won't leave me, will you Frieda?" She asked desperately.

"I will do my best to stay with you for as long as I can," Frieda replied and hugged her tightly.

"Frieda look!" An older version of (Y/N) yelled as she rode on a horse across the fields. "I think I've got the hang of it!"

"Good job (Y/N)!" Frieda called from a far.

"You think you can teach me to swim at some point?" She asked hopefully.

"Sure, but maybe later," Frieda replied. "We need to head home before father gets mad."

"Can you still not swim, even after that day?" Eren asked with a smirk.

"I will toss you off a cliff. Maybe when you remember how that feels you'll be less of a jerk," I replied. "I'll learn one day. I have more pressing matters."

"Yet we are, looking through memories," Eren stated.

"Be quiet," I responded instantly.

"We cannot escape our sins. The time has come for the subjects of Ymir to face judgement. Man is far too weak in the face of such massive power. The tragedy if the titan war has made me realize, someone must keep the power of the titans out of human hands," Frieda shouted proudly. "If the power of the founder were to again fall into the hands of the weak...the world will be turned to hell once more. In order to protect the world...we must accept our sins. Our only choice is to perish...."