Ch. 127 - Protect and Attack

Light soon came and I emerged from my tent with Pieck, looking towards the battlefield. My guess with Magath was already going along with his plan as we could hear the sounds of gun fire. It would be only an hour or so before Reiner and Zeke arrived.

I beckoned over to a soldier, who handed me a pair of binoculars. I took them and noticed that the troops had retreated back to the trenches due to the automated weapons. I turned my attention to another moving object.

The objective had been to blow up the train tracks which failed, allowing the train to begin coming by. On that train was an anti-titan weapon, which wouldn't be good for us when we engaged. I sighed.

"This isn't good. They couldn't take out the train, there's no way things are gonna turn our way at this point," I told Pieck.

Pieck let out a huff before saying, "Magath should have listened to us."

I nodded and then noticed it had become quiet. I turned my attention back to the battlefield and noticed a small figure making their way against the death zone.

"Wait...that...that's..." I spoke and then began to run. "Get your gear ready Pieck!"

Pieck watched in confusion and then picked up the binoculars.

"Gabi...."

As I raced towards her and explosion went off as she began to retreat. I knew there was no one she was going to make it. I transformed and used my extreme speed to get to her in time. Gunfire began to sound off again and I covered her, as the small bullets pierced my hard titan skin, not affecting me at all.

I looked down and not only saw Gabi, but Falco as well.

"(Y/n)!" Gabi yelled happily, glad to see me.

My titan form sighed and then grabbed onto them, returning them to the trenches. I then heard more gunfire, but it wasn't towards me. I looked to see Pieck had arrived with her unit, destroying the enemies cover along with more of the train tracks.

Eldian soldiers soon began to run through the field, firing on the enemy once again in an attempt to hold them off as we waited. Soon, they began to flee. Yelling things as they feared what was to soon come.

Right on schedule, a zeppelin shadow covered the sun as it flew over. I looked up, knowing who was in it. Pieck and I moved to the side as we began to watch them begin dropping people. The sound of Zeke's yell soon permeated through the air as large flashes of light appeared, dropping titans like bombs onto Fort Slava.

The titans were unable to take out everything. Many of the newly formed titans had died on impact, but luckily many were able to take out most of the enemy. It was going well until anti-titan guns began to take them out one by one. I soon saw a recognizable figure in the air. Another flash went off and I watched as the Armored Titan dropped into the fort. I was caught off guard for a second but then remember the point of why we were there.

The magnificent form of the armored titan raced around the wall as he began to take out all of the guns. As this happened, I made my way into the Fort, getting ready to be prepared for when Zeke would arrive.

I then heard a crash and looked over to see Reiner had been hit. There was an armored train that we didn't realize was inside the fort. Reiner had lost his hand but he still charged towards it.

I knew he was going to crash into it to destroy, but I took notice he hadn't destroyed all of the guns. I began to race towards him.

Once he had taken out the train, his titan looked up to see himself come face to face with an anti titan gun. These things were strong enough to even take him out. So I needed to throw myself in danger in order to save him.

Just as they were about to fire. I leaped into the air and slammed down into the wall, destroying the gun and the people.

I'm....sorry....but...I had to do it.

I looked up to come face to face with Reiner. I couldn't read any emotions from him since he was in titan form, but I prayed he was glad to see me.

Gun fire began to sound again as more anti titan guns were up an operational. I leaped to the side and Reiner took cover. I sped beside the wall, taking out my arm destroying many of the guns as I passed.

I soon felt a large sudden impact in my abdomen and fell.

"Keep firing at it!" I heard someone yell as strong gunfire began to penetrate through my body, hardening my arms to try and protect my head and neck, which was slowly being chipped away.

I soon didn't feel it anymore as a shadow covered me. I looked up to see Reiner above me, holding the armored train in front as cover. His titan yelled furiously as he soon swung the train, taking out what was left of the guns.

I was down for the count, as I sat there with my body letting off a large amount of steam as it began to heal itself. Reiner kneeled down towards me and I stared up at him. My titan smiled as he then rested his forehead against mine. He was happy to see me...

He eventually got up to signal Zeke, who soon turned into his Beast Titan form. He grabbed a handful of ammo and wound up, giving it his best throw towards the harbor where their navy fleet stood. It soon took the shot and threw, but the fleet wasn't going down without a fight. Just as he had made his attack, they had fired back straight at Zeke.

As Zeke braced for impact, Reiner stepped in front to shield him and soon enough was down as well as Zeke took another shot, throwing more ammo at the fleet.

They were then defeated.

With their fleet now destroyed and forts all taken over, the Mid-East Allied Forces signed a peace treaty with Marley ending the war.

But Marley was soon realizing that the era of titan domination was coming to an end, leading them to soon need to take desperate measures in order to continue maintaining power over other nations.

Little did they know, the enemy was already among them, getting ready to create their ultimate demise.

Hehehehehehe!

Hope you guys liked the chapter!

Also found out that it's been like a year since I started this book.

I'm amazed! I'm so glad I've come this far with this story. I never thought it would be this long, but I'm happy with where it is going and will be sad once it ends.

Thank you for reading! Love you guys!