Ch. 113 - I'll Be Back

The day of planning went by and soon it was time. It was time for war. The next day came faster than I wanted it to and I really didn't want to watch the people I care about go off to their possible deaths. I had to believe in them. Believe I would see them again and they would be okay.

We were standing in front of the train station where they would send the majority of the force toward Fort Salva to begin the trenches there for the final assault. That place was our final goal. I would be on standby for most of the time and so would Pieck with the Panzer unit. We would be deployed as soon as we knew we had the upper hand. Afterall, Marley is the one starting this war with the Easterners.

I glanced over and saw the Warriors Candidates getting there backpacks together. I sighed and walked over to them. They must have noticed since they looked up once I made my way over.

"Make sure to keep your helmets on," I instructed them. "And don't let your fear get the best of you. Work together. Stay safe."

They all nodded and then crowded around me, hugging my legs. I was trying not to cry. When they finally pulled away that is when the train arrived. I looked down at them and sighed.

"I'll see you all soon," I promised them with a smile.

They nodded.

"We'll make you proud (Y/N)!" Falco announced.

"Yeah!!" The rest shouted before racing off.

When they were finally out of sight, I wiped my eyes to ensure no tears fell. I needed to stay strong. Needed to keep going. I waved bye to Colt and Porco wishing them luck along with the rest of the eldian soldiers. They were all loaded onto the train and soon disappeared.

I turned to see Pieck beside me and she nodded before hugging me.

"Our train will be here soon," Pieck mentioned. "Zeke and Reiner will be boarding there zeppelin soon."

I nodded and then took off. I had to say goodbye to Reiner. There is no way I'm letting him leave until then. I raced through the streets and eventually reached the airship base. I looked over, spotting Zeke and Reiner immediately. I ran as fast as I could.

"Reiner!" I called and he turned around, eyes widening when he saw me.

I raced over to him and he outstretched his arms. I tackled him in a hug and he instantly wrapped his arms around me, holding me close. Tears began to flood my eyes and I held onto him tighter.

"Don't die...please....Stay alive....Meet me at fort Slava," I pleaded.

"I will!" He promised and pulled away from me.

He kissed my forehead and lightly brushed my tears away.

"I'll come back to you," Reiner responded. "Nothing will stop me from doing that."

He then turned away and boarded the airship with Zeke, eventually taking off. I watched them fly away and I sighed, sniffling a bit. The hardest part is knowing that he might not keep his promise. I must believe in him! He is strong! He can do this! I can do this!

I returned to the train station and boarder the train with Pieck to head towards our target base. It was smaller than Fort Slava and didn't have a port. It should be easier to take down, but it's more guarded than the base Reiner and Zeke are taking on.

"The eldian units will attempt to take out most of the heavy artillery," Pieck began to explain. "There's a giant wire fence around the whole area and it'll be hard to get anywhere close. Once we take out most of the heavy stuff, Panzer unit and I will take care of the fence and you will begin your assault."