Ch. 138 - Homesick

A/N: love the song above btw. From the Levi Ova. It was so good. Ughhhhhhh. Anyway. Enjoy the chapter!

I stood in my temporary home in Liberio, singing softly to Felix to get him to sleep.

"Chairs so close and room so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meagre this space but serves us so well
We comrades have stories to tell

And it's always like that in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden, long is the night
Just as no stars can be seen
We are stars and we'll beam on our town
We must all gather as one
Sing with hope and the fear will be gone-"

Before I could continue, I heard the door open downstairs. I glanced over and looked down, seeing Reiner undoing his tie as he headed to the kitchen. Must have been a rough day. He's been working tirelessly to help adjust the people of Liberio to their new lifestyle.

I laid Felix down and headed downstairs, immediately going over to my lover, hugging him from behind.

"You okay," I asked first, wanting to make sure he was truly okay.

"Yes...rough day, but it's alright," Reiner responded and lightly kissed the side of my head. "How was your day?"

"I met with Willy again," I told him as he began to get himself a drink. "I've decided that he'll be the official Overseer and Political Figure of Liberio, that way I can go home and look more after my people there. I helped the ones here as best I can....But I'm homesick..."

"You've made a wise decision," Reiner murmured.

"You'll come with me...Won't you?" I asked, doubting he'd come with me back to the island. "I know you're family is here and these people mean a lot to you....But I know my heart lies back there. My family died on that island, and one day I want to pass there too...Though...I want to be buried."

"If you do that, what will happen to your titan huh? It'll just get tossed to some random child won't it," Reiner pointed out.

"Not if I get rid of them..." I muttered softly, but loud enough for him to understand.

"Rid of them? How is that even possible?" Reiner questioned as we sat down on the couch.

"I'm of royal blood...Eren has the Founding Titan. I don't have the curse to follow my ancestors bidding so I can wish for all of this titan stuff to just....go away," I said to him and smiled. "We could live long happy lives with our children and friends. I can release everyone from any danger of being eaten by a titan again or being strangled with the responsibility of being a shifter or warrior. We would have all of our freedom back. Life will be perfect."

"I like the sound of that," he murmured and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Would you want to get married?"

This question caught me off guard. The thought of married hadn't truly crossed my mind with me being so focused on trying to save everyone else. My face became flustered and I lightly tucked some of my hair behind my ear.

"I mean....Yes of course. Are you proposing right now," I said a bit panicked.

"No, no, don't worry," Reiner said with a chuckle. "I'll make sure to do it properly. I want these kids to grow up with a happy family, with both a father and mother who loves them very much."

I smiled and held onto his hand happily.

"You too good to me," I spoke softly and lightly kissed his hand.

"I think it's the other way around, my queen," Reiner said with a smirk before kissing me.

I kissed him back and crawled onto his lap, cupping his face in my hands as I enjoyed our kiss. It was long and full of passion. We eventually pulled away, breaking the kiss to catch our breath. All we could do was stare at each other with smiles on our faces. I saw a mischievous glint in his eyes and a smirk slowly grace his face.

"What," I asked with a small chuckle of amusement.

"You're ravishing..." he murmured into my ear and began to kiss my neck.

I let out a small sigh as hands wandered over my body, enjoying his kisses. He soon returned to my lips, placing a small kiss before getting up.

I was a bit surprised as he picked me up with him, spinning me around. I giggled in amusement.

"I think I've waited long enough to make love to my beautiful girlfriend. Mother of my children," he teased as he carried me off.

"I think so too," I replied softly, lightly rubbing my thumb against his cheek.

I studied his handsome face and the look of love in his eyes as he stared at me. He masculine features and the feeling of him holding me close. I lightly ran my hand over his beard and smiled.

"Maybe it's time to shave soon. Clean face, new start," I told him.

"Thought you liked it," Reiner replied teasingly, with a stupid grin on his face.

"I do....So shave it afterwards," I responded with a smirk.

"As you wish," Reiner said happily and carried me off into the next room.

I was so glad to be with him. We made love for hours, having missed each other. The passion, the lust, the love. It was perfect. This is the life I wanted....The life I felt I deserved after all my hard work.

Little did I know...I needed to work some more before I could finally have my peaceful, perfect life.

Hey babes 😘 💕

Here's a bit of a fluffy chapter.
Sorry no smoot today, you horny kids. Calm down. Love you still thou lol

Hope you enjoyed it. We're getting to the final bit of this story. It's been a long journey and this has been my best work ever. I'm so proud of it and I'm glad you guys get to enjoy it.

Thanks for you reading my loves!