Ch. 49 - Are We Friends?

After I heard the sounds of lightning and chaos, my mind finally retreated into itself. I had given into the coma and fully fell unconscious, not wanting to know what happens next.

I sat in the grass, but this time not wearing my family chapel garb. I was wearing my scout clothes.

"I like this better," I stated. "Even if it's just in my head."

"It's who you truly are since you've finally accepted yourself. Fully."

I remembered that voice and turned to see the titan again.

"Do you just live in my subconsciousness?" I asked.

"In a way, yes," they replied and offered me their hand.

I climbed on and sat down taking in the titans appearance. It was a lot like mine.

"Are you one of the past holders?" I asked as they lifted me up to their face.

"Yes," they replied.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Ada," she replied. "I am the first official holder."

"Wow...." I said in awe. "Am I the only one who has been able to talk to you?"

"Yes and you should know why," Ada responded.

"I guess so, royal blood or whatever. Bleck," I said and stuck my tongue out.

"Oh please. You're being dramatic," she stated and I shrugged.

"So, do you know what's happening right now," I asked curiously and worriedly.

"Yes. You'll know everything when you wake," Ada responded. "I know you want to know more about me and your abilities, but patience is a key factor as well. More is going to be revealed around you as time goes on. You need to be brave."

"I am brave," I said and crossed my arms over my chest. "I fought off all those titans by myself to save my friends."

"I know, but your courage is going to be tested a lot. You need to make the right decisions so all that you care for lives," Ada advised.

I looked up at her titan face and sighed.

"Could I be able to see you face to face?" I asked hopeful.

"Not yet," Ada responded. "Maybe another time."

"Well, that stinks," I said and huffed.

"You need to wake up now anyway," Ada informed me. "You'll get to see the results for yourself."

"Alright. Thanks for talking with me," I replied softly.

Her titan nodded and then I woke up.

My eyelids opened and I saw the sky, along the feeling of being held in someone arms. I glanced over and blinked a few times.

"Bertholdt...." I murmured.

"(Y/N)....You're awake," Bertholdt said surprised as he took off with some ODM gear he got.

"Yeah," I said and shifted in his arms.

I looked behind us and saw the destroyed carcass of the Colossal Titan along with the Attack Titan. I then turned around to see the running form of the Armoured Titan.

"Did you kill anyone?" I asked softly.

"Um....maybe just one..." Bertholdt responded nervously.

I sighed and then Bertholdt landed on the Armoured Titans shoulder.

"Do I mean anything to you guys?" I asked them.

"What?!" Bertholdt said surprised at my question.

"You guys were here to destroy humanity. Which would include me. Did all those years of friendship in the cadet corp mean nothing?" I questioned.

"No. You do mean a lot to us (Y/N)," Bertholdt responded. "Especially to Reiner and you're kind, always putting your life before others. I would consider you a good friend."

I then hugged Bertholdt and he froze.

"Thank you....I don't want you guys to hate me...I want to try and help you," I said softly. "Like I was able to help Annie."

"Annie? What do you mean?" Bertholdt asked as he gently sat me down on the titan we were on.

"Annie was found out. I was able to help her before they could get to her," I said and looked up at him. "She's safe."

Bertholdt kneeled down beside me and hugged me close.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," he murmured.

I smiled and then kissed his cheek. He was clearly flustered and hid his face as he pulled away. I just giggle in amusement at how shy he was.

"So, tell me what all I missed," I said to him. "I don't care what happened, I just want to be up to date on things. Plus, I'll be kept entertained."

Bertholdt nodded.

"Well, Reiner revealed that we were the titans...which I don't know why. That then led to Mikasa....attacking us. Since we weren't killed and just injured, we transformed. Reiner took Eren and started fighting each other while I was on top of the wall," Bertholdt explained to me. "I was able to grab you along with a deceased scout and threw you in my mouth."

"The heck. You ate me," I said and playfully shoved him.

"Yeah. Well, that was the only place I could hold you," Bertholdt responded and laughed shyly. "Then Reiner was beginning to lose to Eren, so I then fell on top of him, ending the battle. Reiner took Eren and I grabbed you."

"Hmm. Glad someone put Eren in his place," I commented. "You're from Marley...right?"

"How did you know that?" Bertholdt said confused.

"The man who forced this power upon me, claimed that the shifters from Marley were after him," I explained. "I'll give more details about how I got my abilities later, but am I correct about the Marley thing?"

"You're not wrong. We come from Liberio, which a place in Marley," Bertholdt told me. "We'll talk about this more when we get somewhere to rest."

"Alright," I replied and leaned against his shoulder. "Wake me when we get there."

Off we go into titan territory with our favorite boyz.

And then there's Eren.

Get some Bert and (Y/N) bonding time.

Just slowly having all the titan trio be in love with (Y/N). We already roped in Annie and Reiner.

More updates with come soon!