Ch. 95 - Boat Trip

The day finally came to where we would finally go to Marley. We would finally go see the ocean. Before we even left, Armin talked it up a lot. A whole giant source of water with so much salt that no one will ever run out of it.

The Levi squad was escorting Zeke, Pieck, Reiner, and myself to the boat. After a few hours of riding we see the ledge of a human made cliff. We rode off to the side and I dismounted, walking over. I saw the harbor and then I looked at the water. It looked as if it was sparkling under the sunlight. I walked over to it and as I did that, Sasha, Connie, and Jean raced passed me to the water.

They began to goof off in the water and eventually dragged Jean into it, soaking all of them.

"It's so salty!" Jean yelled.

"My eyes!" Sasha shouted.

I began to laugh in amusement and then saw Zeke, Pieck, and Reiner setting up the boat. I began to head over and stood to the side as I they all got on the boat.

"You coming (Y/N)," Zeke asked as he watched me hesitate getting onto the boat.

I nodded and then hopped into the boat. Soon a few of my scout friends walked over.

"So, you really are doing this?" Ymir commented. "You are dumb."

"I know," I replied with a smile. "If I die, I'll die in style."

"Alright, but don't die," Ymir responded.

"How long will you be gone?" Sasha asked.

"Couple years maybe....." I stated. "I trust you guys to protect our lands while I'm gone. Make sure Historia is looked after."

"Oi, you better stay safe," Jean spoke.

"Yeah, but knowing her and Reiner, doubt it," Connie commented and chuckled.

"I'll miss you guy," I said sadly as I gazed at them.

"We'll miss you too," Ymir replied. "Or at least I will."

"Hey, we're gonna miss her as well," Connie argued.

"If you can't take down Marley, I'll take matters into my own hands," Eren stated and gazed out past the ocean. "We thought titans were the enemies, but the real enemy is out there."

"....Bit dramatic," Jean commented and rolled his eyes.

"Alright we're heading out!" Zeke announced and the boat began to pull away from the harbor.

"Don't do anything stupid Monkey," Levi shouted.

"No promises," Zeke called back and we were off.

I'd never been on a boat before and it felt weird as the waves moved against the sides of the boat.

"Hey (Y/N)," Pieck called. "Come sit with me!"

I nodded and then walked over, sitting beside Pieck. She smiled and then looked out at the view.

"You excited to go to Liberio and Marley?" She asked.

"I guess, but I'm also wary," I responded.

"You should be. Marley hates eldians and Liberio is an eldian camp," Pieck stated. "If the Marlians let you live, you can stay with me for a bit before you get your own place."

"Uh yeah. That'd be great!" I replied with a smile. "Thank you."

"No problem," Pieck said and stretched out her arms. "You know, I think you and Porco would get along great."

"I'm sorry, who?" I asked curiously.

"Porco," Pieck repeated. "He is stubborn as hell but can be a kind person. Kinda like you."

"I guess I'll take that as a compliment," I said and chuckled.

I looked over and saw Reiner staring over at us. I lightly waved at him and nodded before looking away.

"Something happen between you and Reiner?" Pieck asked.

"I guess," I said. "We both just really want this mission to work out."

"Ah," Pieck replied.

Few hours went by and it seemed like the ocean lasted forever. How could a body of water be this huge? I was starting to get tired but then I heard Zeke call something.

"We've arrived in Marley!" Zeke called and all of us stood up.

I looked over and a crowd began to accumulate at the Marley harbor. I was afraid now. Reality finally set in and it felt like I ate sand since my mouth felt so dry. My hands began to shake and all the sudden I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and I saw Reiner standing beside me.

"Reiner...." I muttered weakly.

He could tell I was now distressed and  he quickly and stealthily kissed the side of my head.

"I'll protect you," he whispered.

I felt a little bit better and then Zeke finally brought in the boat. I watched as Marley officers walked over and my eyes widened. I was doing my best to compose myself.

"You're finally back," one of the officers said. "Let me guess. You don't have the coordinate."

"No...We don't," Zeke replied.

"Wonderful. Five years in those walls and we have to send you to retrieve them," the officer spoke. "Where are Leonhart, Hoover, and Marcel Galliard!?"

"Marcel is dead," Reiner spoke. "Annie and Bertholdt were captured by the enemy."

"Not only were you not able to bring back the coordinate, but you lost three titan powers," he said. "THREE!"

"We underestimated the Eldian scum," Zeke responded.

"Clearly," he stated and then finally noticed me. "Who the hell are you?"

"Ada Prinz, sir," I said immediately.

"Why the hell are you here?" He asked, approaching me.

"My family was originally from Marley descendants sir! We were trapped in those walls for centuries and when the Warriors arrived I did my best to help them search for the coordinate," I said.

"She also possesses large amounts of titan knowledge along with an unknown titan power," Zeke chimed in.

"An unknown titan power, huh?" The officer stated. "Well, unless she can prove herself, we'll feed her to Galliard."

"I'll do whatever it takes," I replied and stared at him. "I'm willing to kill and fight if it means I can stay away from that island of devils."

"We'll see," he spoke and then turned away. "Return to your families. Tomorrow she proves herself to see if she truly will be useful."

I sighed in relief when all the Marley soldiers left. But now I had to worry about other things. How am I supposed to prove myself?

Update!!!!

I don't have much to say cause I'm currently tired but heyyyyyy

Marley time!!!! I'm so excited!

More chapters to come!

Thank you for reading!