Ch. 86 - Reunited

"So, say we do cooperate with you," Zeke began. "The scouts and soldiers of these walls will not forgive us immediately."

"Yep," I replied. "Reiner and Bertholdt will be held accountable for their actions and since you two have yet to do anything, you'll be cooperating with titan research along with me."

"What about Annie?" Zeke questioned.

"I'm already paying for my actions," Annie responded. "I'm her guard."

"Once we finally come up with a solid plan, we'll send some of us to infiltrate Marley and take it from there," I explained.

"You know, as soon as we get to Marley, they'll immediately make us start killing again at some point," Pieck pointed out.

"I figured, but in order to gain peace you must be willing to make sacrifices," I responded.

"You're wise for someone your age," Zeke commented. "Fine, we'll cooperate."

"I like her," Pieck replied and slung an arm around me. "She actually uses her brain."

"I don't really...want to go back to Marley..." Bertholdt spoke softly. "I'm tired of killing and if I go back I'll just he used again."

"Then you won't go Bertholdt," I stated and then looked at the others. "We should head out by nightfall. So we don't need to worry about any titans. Gather your things."

I then pulled away from Pieck and began to walk along the wall, Annie trailing behind.

3rd Person

"War Chief," Reiner spoke. "You're actually letting us cooperate with her."

"Why yes," Zeke replied. "Her titan is quite special in her hands and she seems to know what she's doing. I want to see how well these plans of hers go in the future."

Zeke then turned away and walked off.

"He most likely is plotting things of his own," Pieck commented. "He's never really a follower."

"I know. That's what worries me since he agreed to work with her," Reiner said. "He already stabbed her."

"Yeah..." Bertholdt replied. "I'm just glad to see she's okay......And Annie too."

"You should go talk to Annie," Reiner encouraged him.

"I uh...I don't want to bother her. She's probably got a lot on her mind," Bertholdt responded nervously.

"Come on. You need to finally get out of your shell," Reiner stated and began to drag Bertholdt with him as he headed over to where (Y/N) and Annie were.

1st Person

"Zeke is definitely up to something," Annie commented as we walked.

"Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised," I replied.

"You...What did you do back there," Annie questioned. "He looked like he saw a ghost."

"In a way he did," I stated with a smile. "I figured the only way to reason with him is to see into his memories. I'm just hoping that's enough for now."

"Oi! Annie! (Y/N)!" Reiner called as he walked over to us with Bertholdt behind him.

I smiled happily and raced towards him.

"Reiner!" I yelled and tackled him in a hug.

He hugged me back and I laughed happily as he spun us around. He finally set me down and rested a hand against my cheek.

"I've missed you so much," Reiner said softly. "I haven't seen you for more than a month."

"Yeah..." I replied smiling at him.

I heard someone clear their throat and I looked over to Annie and Bertholdt. I blushed a bit and slowly pulled away from Reiner.

"As the Queen's guard, I think you should keep your hands to yourself, Reiner," Annie stated.

"I believe that should be up to the Queen herself," Reiner responded as he wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me close to him.

"Can we not argue about this," Bertholdt replied. "I'm just glad that you guys are okay."

"Don't worry, I missed you as well Bertholdt," I stated with a smile. "You and Annie haven't seen each other in forever. You two should go catch up."

"Huh?" Annie said and stared at me.

"Bertholdt really missed you Annie," I responded and then pulled away from Reiner, pushing Annie over to Bertholdt. "Go talk."

"I know what you're doing," Annie muttered.

"I know," I replied and watched as Annie and Bertholdt walked away.

I smiled triumphantly and then felt my legs go out from under me as someone picked me up.

"Reiner! Warning next time," I scolded and hit his chest.

"Sorry. Couldn't help myself," he murmured. "Now that we're a little alone...."

"You're getting pretty courageous, Braun," I teased, smiling up at him.

He chuckled and then lightly kissed me on the lips. I missed him so much. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back passionately. I broke the kiss and giggled a bit.

"I missed you, (Y/N)," Reiner murmured softly.

"I missed you too," I said and hugged him tightly.

Hours later

"We have everything packed," Pieck called as all four of us walked over.

I looked over at Annie and lightly nudged her.

"How'd it go?" I teased.

Annie's face was slightly flustered and she looked away. I chuckled in amusement and then turned back to the others.

"We can take turns on who runs in order to conserve each others energy," Zeke recommended.

"I can go first," Reiner volunteered.

"Alright," Zeke replied. "We'll see how much ground we make before sunrise."

"Where are we even headed too?" Pieck asked me.

"The inners of Wall Sina," I replied.

"Pretty bold to bring a bunch of titan shifters in there," Zeke commented.

"Yeah, but you gotta take risks to get things done," I responded.

"Alright. Let's move out," Reiner stated.

Update! Yayyyyy!

Sooooo able to convince them for now. Also, Pieck is pretty chill with Y/N. Yay!

Zeke is....ehhhhhhh

We got Reiner backkkkkk douuuu