Ch. 82 - Safe Travels

It has been about a month now. Most of the soldiers were deciding on whether they would join the cause of the scouts. While that was happening Ymir, Historia, and Captain Levi have been working together to build the orphanages at the edges of the walls and helping people get out of the underground.

It made me happy, seeing my friends doing things they enjoyed. I hadn't really talked to Eren since that day. That memory....That future. It was messing with my head. I just prayed that whatever I do, I make sure it doesn't come true.

Today I called the Commanders for a meeting. Since a month had passed it was now time for my plan to go forth. I was going to speak with the invaders of our walls.

"Thank you for meeting me again," I spoke to all the Commanders. "Tomorrow I wish to push forward with my plan of peace."

"How can you be sure you can reason with them," Nile asked.

"I can't, but I must try," I replied.

"I still think more forces should go with you to Wall Maria," Erwin stated. "We can't have the Queen be defenseless."

"I won't be defenseless," I responded. "I will take Annie with me as my guard. Anymore will seem like a threat and I don't want to lose any soldiers while we're in titan territory."

"How do we know Leonhart won't turn on you," Pixis asked curiously.

"She won't. She is loyal to me for I saved her life and haven't given her a second chance," I stated. "I trust her."

"Say you are able to reason with them, how will you hold them accountable for their actions?" Nile asked.

"I gave a few ideas, but I'll leave most of that up to Commander Erwin, since some were from his regiment," I replied and looked towards the Commander of the Scouts. "But they will not be condemned to death."

"That's fine with me," Erwin responded.

"Your highness, I still advise against this," Pixis spoke.

"I know," I said with a sigh. "But I want to do whatever I can to stop future losses. Enough blood has been spilt."

"This meeting is adjourned then," Erwin announced and they all began to leave.

Erwin walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"You're crossing several lines at this point. Endangering yourself when you have the Walls to look after," Erwin said. "Are you willing to give your life to just save these people?"

"Yes. Why else would I be doing this," I replied. "I know that you can never gain anything without sacrifice, but I want to try and find a way around it."

"Starting to regret making you Queen," Erwin replied.

"No you don't," I said with a smirk. "Plus, you didn't make me Queen. I was already next in line once my father was dead. I just finally stepped into the light instead of cowering in the shadows. It's like all of you said 'the people won't have it if a regiment sits on top'."

"Safe travels, your highness," Erwin replied and headed out.

I stood there by myself for awhile and then walked out of the meeting room. I was so nervous now, more than ever before. What if everything I've done up till now was for nothing? What if I can't reason with them? I'm was so worried now. I was just going to sleep and pray that my worries will go away.

3rd Person

Currently, Reiner, Bertholdt, and Zeke were sitting around a fire on Wall Maria near Shiganshina.