Ch. 129 - Back to Liberio

The trainride back was interesting. The Eldian soldiers were having a party in the back car and I assumed someone let Colt break out the alcohol. I was glad they were having a decent time though. War is hard on everyone.

"Probably should break up that ruckus," Commander Magath commented.

"No. Let them celebrate and have this," Zeke suggested. "They're just happy to have won the war with Marley."

Magath huffed and then nodded.

I was sitting beside Reiner and glanced up at him.

"We'll have more planning to do once we get back to Liberio," I spoke softly so the Marley commanders wouldn't hear.

Reiner nodded. "Soon, everything will be better," he said and grabbed onto my hand. "And we'll be happy together."

I smiled at him and then leaned up kissing his cheek. I lightly yawned and then leaned my head against his shoulder. I closed my eyes and felt his lips press against my forehead before I drifted off to sleep.

The train eventually stopped and I opened my eyes. Everyone was exiting so I went along with the crowd, grabbing onto Reiner's arm tiredly. We got out and looked over seeing Porco helping Colt off the train.

"You should've known you can't handle your alcohol," Porco stated as he set up down.

"Who's the one who gave him the drinks?" Falco asked.

"He looked like he wanted some," Pieck commented as she came over.

"Unbelievable. How dare you spew Pieck's kindness all over the train," Porco scolded.

"That's all in the past now," I spoke, walking over. "We should focus on heading home."

Everyone agreed and we all began to walk towards our home. We soon arrived and the gate slowly opened. Families rushed over and began to greet their returned soldiers. I didn't really have anyone who could come greet me. Ymir and Annie were probably hidden in my house with the babies.

Reiner walked through the crowd and I followed behind him. We soon came face to face with a woman with covered blond hair, smiling towards him. I realized.....I'd never officially met his mother....

"Reiner," she called happily as she held her arms out to him.

He walked to her and they embraced. I just stood to the side and decided I should just head home.

"(Y/n)!" Gabi called and ran over to me, grabbing onto my arm as she pulled me back to her family. "You should join us for dinner."

"I don't think I should impose," I spoke softly.

"But you don't have any family to eat with....I wouldn't want you to eat alone," Gabi replied as she gave me puppy dog eyes.

"It's up to your family," I told her.

Gabi smiled and raced over to her parents and aunt.

"Mom, Dad, Auntie! Could (Y/n) please join us for dinner?" Gabi asked. "Plllllleeeeeaaaassse."

"Is this the Warrior you always talk about," a man,, who I assumed was her father, spoke.

Gabi nodded. "Yeah and she's Reiner's girlfriend!"

"Reiner..." her aunt said as she looked towards her son. "Why haven't I met her?"

"I uh...." Reiner said nervously and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Don't blame him. Warrior business has kept us both busy along with the war," I explained. "There was never a good way to explain and meet during all of that."