Ch. 64 - Lax Cleaning

After a few days of staying at Trost headquarters, we moved to a decently sized cabin the woods. We meaning the new Levi squad. These members include Captain Levi himself, of course, along with Eren, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Armin, Mikasa, Historia, Ymir, and I.

We recently moved here so that Eren could try and do experiments in order to see if he has the capability for titan hardening. The answer is he can't and I already know that. I won't spoil there hope though. I already explained to them the Jaws and Speed Titan have no capabilities of hardening their entire bodies. Yes, the speed Titan can harden some of their body parts, but not as a whole. So, the last hope was for Eren to miraculously figure out hardening.

Ymir and I were helping Connie and Eren tidy up the cabin before Captain Levi shows up. Soon, Jean, Sasha, and Armin walk through the doors with food and supplies. All the sudden, Eren got really scared and began to bombard Jean with questions.

"Hey! Did you guys wipe the dust and dirt off your shoes before you came in?" Eren asked frantically.

"Say what?" Jean questioned, clearly confused. "No we didn't. Can't you see all the stuff we're carrying."

"Do you seriously think that attitude will satisfy Captain Levi," Eren said as he approached Jean. "If I hadn't personally given your sheets hospital corners this morning-"

"Quit nagging! Who are you you, my mom?!" Jean yelled at Eren.

Ymir and I began to laugh so hard at that. This was the first time we'd seen Eren so paranoid in his life and to think he was acting like such a mom.

"We're back," Mikasa called as her and Historia walked into the cabin, holding firewood.

"Wait. Were you just chopping firewood?" Armin question.

"Gotta stay in shape," Mikasa stated.

"You were grabbed by a titan. You should be in bed resting," Armin replied and Mikasa and Historia just walked away.

"I'll help you with the firewood, Historia," Ymir said and followed after them.

"I try to stop her, but she won't listen," Eren commented, defeated. "I saw her doing sit ups earlier."

"How dare you, you peeping tom," Jean accused Eren.

"Huh? How does that constitute 'peeping'?" Eren asked.

"Mikasa you do know you're not a wild animal, right?" Armin stated anxiously as he followed after her.

"It's almost like we're back in the cadet corps," Sasha commented and everyone became silent.

I smiled and began to help her sort food.

"Yeah. Why do you figure we were chosen for the new Levi squad though?" Armin questioned. "Protecting Eren, Historia, and (Y/N) is such an important mission."

"You have close connections with Eren. He would want people who would be able to handle him and who he knows can take on strong opponents," I responded.

"Because we're talented, I assume," was Sasha's simple answer as I saw he sneak a piece of bread into her bag.

"Sasha. What did you just put in your bag?" Armin asked as he gazed over at her.

"Nothing bread like of course," Sasha replied ominously.

"Why, you," Jean said and began to walk over. "Give it back."

"Hey, focus. We gotta finish cleaning before the captain comes back," Eren stated, trying to get the other corralled.

"Put the bread back," Armin said.

"Cut the crap, potato girl," Jean commented angrily.

As this commotion went on, I heard the door open and watched as Captain Levi walked into the room.

"What's this commotion about?" He asked and walked over to the table.

Everyone froze as Captain Levi ran his hand under the table. By his response, we clearly did not do a good enough job of cleaning.

"I thought I gave you more than enough time," Levi stated as he began to wipe his hand off with a cloth.

Eren was pretty frustrated at the fact they weren't able to finish cleaning in time, but it didn't last. The others clearly weren't use to this sort of thing like Eren was.

"We'll discuss your lax job of cleaning later. Eren," Levi called which caught Eren's attention. "Hange is itching to get the experiment started."

"R-Right," Eren said nervously.

Everyone began to get ready. I decided I would get the horses ready for them in order to help. I walked over to the small pasture and whistled. Faye raced over to me.

Yes, she is alive. The Garrison were able to find her once they check again to ensure that Wall Rose had no holes in it. I was very grateful she was alive.

"Faye, can you round up the other so I can get them to the stables," I asked her.

She bobbed her head up and down and raced off. She began to whiney and nudge the other horses to the gate, so that I may lead them into the stables and tack them. Everything was easier now thanks to Faye. We had a special bond.

I was able to saddle up all of the horse's for those who needed it, so that we could travel to the experiment area, which was in a clearing not too far away. I lightly pet Faye's nose and soon Historia and Ymir walked over.

"Nice job with the horse's (Y/N). I thought Jean was the only one who could speak their language," Ymir commented with a smirk.

"I heard that," Jean stated as he walked over.

I snorted and giggled a bit.

"You're in a better mood than normal," Jean pointed out as he got onto his horse.

"Today, I guess, is a good day..." I replied with a shrug.

Today, I felt more like myself. It had taken some time to pull myself together a bit since the last time I saw Reiner. My heart still ached for him, but I had to do what I can to help the scouts right now.

"Come on. Let's go," Levi called and everyone got on their horses, heading off.

Another chapterrrr!

Season 3 stuff now! Things are gonna be crazy! I can't wait!

There will new updates soon!

I hope you're just excited about this as I am!?!?!