Ch. 78 - I Miss Them

I sat in my room, reading. I was mostly trying to distract myself before my coronation happens. I looked forward to this, but I knew that a couple of people will not believe in my plans. I'll try to find a way to cooperate with Erwin.

I heard a knock at the door and looked up from my book.

"Come in," I called.

Reya walked in and nodded. "Sorry to interrupt, but you have two visitors. Commander Erwin and Captain Levi of the Scout Regiment. They've brought someone for you to see."

I looked up confused and then I hopped out of my seat, racing out of my room. I raced downstairs into the foyer and saw Erwin and Levi standing there. I approached them as professionally as I could and then looked over seeing a stretcher with a person being carried in by two other scout members. My eyes widened.

"Uncle Kenny!" I cried and raced over as they set him on the ground.

"Uncle?" Levi said confused.

"Oi. I thought I told you not to cry over me," Kenny spoke and chuckled before coughing a bit.

I smiled sadly as tears fell from my eyes as I kneeled beside him. Though, he wasn't in the best shape. He was burned on half of his side and was bleeding a lot.

"His one request before he died was to see the Queen," Erwin informed me.

"Thank you," I said and gave the Commander a grateful glance, before looking back at Kenny. "Did you go out kicking ass like you said?"

"Sure kiddo," Kenny replied and then held out his hand, which held his prized knife in it. "You're a shifter right, you'll need this. Think of it as a coronation present. That's a thing right?"

I giggled and said, "Yeah."

I took the knife from his hand and he pat me on the head.

"You grew up too fast....Hard to think that brat you were when I first met you, grew up to be the Queen," Kenny spoke. "Uri would be proud. He always said you would do great things."

"Thank you. Uri would be proud of us both," I responded and more tears fell from my eyes. "You can rest now. Say hi to Uri for me...He'll be glad to see you."

"Ah...I'm sure he will be..." Kenny spoke weakly and then closed his eyes as his life finally faded away.

I sniffled and held back the cries I wanted to release, but I knew crying wasn't going to help me right now. I at least got to see him one last time...

"What was Kenny Ackerman to you?" Levi asked as I stood up.

"He was my Uncle but not by blood," I responded, wiping my eyes. "My Uncle Uri and him were good friends and when he passed, we turned to each other to carry on his memory."

"He was actually my mother's brother," Levi spoke. "I didn't learn that till today."

"Ah. I'm sorry for you loss," I replied and looked over towards Captain Levi.

"Same to you," Levi said and nodded to me.

"(Y/N), we also wanted to inform you that after your coronation, we'll need to discuss plans about retaking Wall Maria," Erwin informed me.

"Alright," I replied. "We can do it in the meeting room here then, to come up with a strategy and plan for retaking Wall Maria. But know Commander, I'm going to have a big say in all of this."

Erwin and nodded, replying with "Of course."

I said my goodbyes and then headed back upstairs. I headed towards Historia's room and knocked. I heard a faint 'Come in' and then opened the door, walking inside.

I looked over and Ymir and her sitting together. They looked over and both smiled at me.

"Ah, the Queen graces us with her presence," Ymir teased.

"I guess so," I replied and sat down beside them. "Are you guys doing okay?"

"We're great. I like what you've done with the room," Historia responded gratefully.

"Thanks. I figured I would just renovate the whole place so the ghosts of the past don't haunt us," I replied.

"Good choice," Ymir agreed and wrapped her arms around Historia. "What are you plans for the Walls, Queen (Y/N)?"

"I will attempt diplomacy with the titan shifters first," I spoke. "If it comes down to it, then we will fight."

"You're going to try and reason with crazy heads?" Ymir questioned.

"I guess so," I said with a shrug. "Figure, I can at least try to save all these people from fighting and possibly dying."

"I guess that makes sense," Ymir stated.  "How will you do diplomacy exactly? I don't know if politics are the scouts strong suite."

"I'll explain everything after the coronation," I replied with a smirk.

"I hate that you have a plan already," Ymir said. "Because it means you're going to do something stupid."

"It'll be fine," I responded and stood up.

"I trust (Y/N), Ymir," Historia spoke and kissed Ymir's cheek. "In the end, she just wants to stop as many deaths as she can."

"Alright...." Ymir gave in, blushing at Historia's affection.

I smiled in amusement and then I headed out of their room. I walked down the hall and bit, stopping in front of another door. I knocked on it and then entered, seeing Annie lying on her bed staring at the ceiling.

"You okay?" I asked her as I stepped into the room.

"Yeah...." Annie answered. "Was everything you said in the cavern true?"

"Yes," I replied and sat on the edge of her bed. "There are more people who care for you than you think."

"I've never thought of him that way before," Annie informed me as she sat up. "Bertholdt I mean...It was just never my main focus to think of such things, unlike Reiner."

I chuckled and replied, "Yeah. Reiner wasn't one to focus on one thing at a time."

"He really cares about you. I can tell," Annie mentioned. "I care about you too."

"Thank you, Annie," I said and then hugged her. "You're the best."

"Sure," Annie replied and chuckled. "Think what ever you want your highness."

"I miss him..." I spoke softly. "I miss so many people....some who have even passed on."

"I don't like to admit it, but I miss them as well. It'll be okay (Y/N)," Annie assured me. "They'll live on in your memories."

"Yeah...."

Another update!

I don't have much to say except I've written a few future chapters already and it's crazy.

Ummm I don't know what else to talk about.

How you guys doing? Have any suggestions?
Who do you think would like (Y/N) most in the Marley crew, Porco or Peick?
Do you think her and Falco would get along?