Chapter 40 - Birthday Number 2

Charlie POV

"Charlie, wake up" someone whispered. "No! I'm sore because of you" I whined cuddling up to him as he just chuckled. "Well at least put some clothes on before we go to round 2." He teased. "You do... I'll chop your balls off." "Come on Cher, it's your birthday.." "I feel old" "You're 28, I'm 29!" Dean said "Ok, that made me feel a little bit better" I smiled.

He shot me a glare at my response. "Hehe love you..." I leaned over giving him a peck before sitting up  pulling the sheets up. "Not like I've seen them before" he smirked. I playfully rolled my eyes as he sat up as well.

"Yes! your shirt" I shoved it on. "You look cute in my shirts" "I need to change and have a shower quickly" "Actually, I picked out what you're wearing, I'll leave it on the bed" "Do I trust you?" "Trust me, you're gonna love it"

After Shower

I applied my makeup on and dried my hair letting it loose and wavy. I walked out to a flat box on our bed with a note stuck to it. I couldn't hold back my smile as I bit my bottom lip reading it.

Happy Birthday Gorgeous. I saw you looking at this for a while now and decided to buy it, When you're ready meet me downstairs.

Love Dean X

I opened the box letting my eyes widen. Oh my god it was the dress I've been looking at. And he spent it on me. That man is full of surprises. I dropped the towel down and shoved on my strapless bra of course some underwear on as I was doing that my phone went off.

"Hello?"

"CHARLIE GUESS WHAT? ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY."

"Thank you Aj and what?"

"YOU COULD BE DIVA OF THE YEAR FOR THE SLAMMYS TONIGHT ON RAW"

"I'm not coming"

"Why not?"

I sighed.

"Because of my injury and I'm looking after Dean, also I'm out of action for a long time"

"How long?"

"I honestly don't know"

"I hope you'll be back sooner" she whined.

I chuckled. "Yes. Don't worry. I will."

"Have fun with lover boy"

"I will, if I do win collect my award for me" "I will have fun and Happy Birthday girly"  "Thank you Aj" I hanged up.

I slipped on my dress, it was too beautiful, I'm still in shock from him buying this.

I had my heels in my hand and walked down the stairs. Dean was sat at the bottom step with his back facing me waiting.

I tapped his shoulder. He turned around and got up. "You look absolutely beautiful" he smiled giving me a kiss.

"You look handsome yourself and where's your neck brace?" I crossed my arms. "I don't wanna wear it" he whined. 'Dean..." "For tonight can I not wear it. Please?" I gave in rolling my eyes. "Fine"

"So where are we going?" "Well, I thought a nice stroll on the beach, whilst the sun sets" I held on to his arm. "That sounds lovely"

Dean drove me to this beautiful beach, it was so beautiful night with all the lights on at the backround and the moon light. He parked the car. I saw this table set up with candlelight, it had everything like a romantic cliché beach date.

"Dean, you didn't have to do this for me" I said getting out the car and closing the door shut.

"I wanted to" he held my hand and led me to the table. He pulled a chair out for me. I politely took it and sat down as he sat opposite.

°°°°

We ate for a while, had a laugh. It was just a perfect night. "When do you think you're coming back in wrestling?" "I don't know" I sighed.

We both got up and took a walk down the beach. "What do you mean you don't know?" "Just..." I stopped and looked towards the sea with the wind blowing through my hair.  I wrapped my arms around myself trying to keep warm.

"Here" Dean took his leather jacket off and wrapped it around me. "Thanks" He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"Charlie, Do you wanna go back to wrestling?" "I do but just not right now. I kinda like spending some time with you and leaving all the drama behind"

He smiled and lifted me up making me scream and laugh. "I love you" "I love you too" he kissed me. "Can you put me down now I'm in serious pain but trying so hard not to show it" I smiled through it. "Oh shit yeah I forgot"

"Thanks... Dean" "For what?" "For making it the best birthday ever" "Because I love you"  It gets me all the time when he says  he that.

What can I say? I was blessed with this man.