Chapter 38 - Weak link.

Charlie POV

I swear I have a fever now. I pulled the flush and came out the bathroom. We were back home in Vegas after Dean injury. He was sleeping peacefully.

I just wanted to cry. My father did this to him. He had a neck brace on. It looks uncomfortable. I crawled into bed and pulled the blanket over me cuddling into him.

"You ok? I heard you being sick in the bathroom" Dean murmured and opened his eyes looking at me.

"I thought you were asleep?" "I was but you went flying out that room. I wanted to go check if you were ok, but..."

I couldn't help it the tears slipped. "Hey what's wrong?" Dean brushed the tears away.

"I'm sorry he did this to you"

"It's not your fault. Ok?"

I sobbed into his chest.

"Charlie, I'm ok. I'm here with you aren't I?"

"I tried to stop him Dean, but I'm just weak"

"You're not weak Charlie." He held me tightly to him. "I am" I sniffed and closed my eyes. I've been crying so much it's making me sleepy.

Dean POV

Charlie finally went asleep. She hasn't been sleeping well. She was cuddled up against me, her chest moving slowly up and down.  I couldn't help but admire her sleeping. Her chocolate brown hair, rosy pink lips, a tanned skin. Tank top and shorts. She's tiny. How can she be related to Bray? She's the complete opposite to him. She's beautiful.

It's her birthday soon. A day after mine. I saw her looking at that dress. I'm gonna get it for her and take her out on a date on the beach.

She slowly started to wake up. Her light green hazel orbs staring into my blue ones. "What time is it?" Her voice was gentle and quiet. "Gone like 2pm I think"

She nodded and rested her head on my chest. I started playing with her hair.

"Oh god" she got up and ran to the bathroom again. 

Charlie POV

I have a serious headache after being sick I walked back into the room. "I need some fresh air" I sighed getting changed into jeans, trainers and a long white top which I tied up a bit.

It started raining as I walked outside. I found the field Dean always takes me when we're home and just sat down letting my mind get washed  away. It was calming. I looked up with my eyes closed smiling.

"Charlie?"

I opened my eyes. Dean was standing there with an umbrella In his bergade beanie, white t-shirt  black coat and jeans with black shoes

"How did you find me?"

"I usually go here" I got up, "You're drenched." He was gonna take his coat off. "No don't I'll live" He still took it off and wrapped it around me. "I'm not letting you freeze to death" He wrapped his arm around me with the umbrella over our head.

My head was leaning against his chest. I started shivering. "I love you" he kissed the top of my head. "I love you too" I smiled.

Dean took me back to our house. I couldn't stop shaking. "Go and have a warm shower" He turned me around and gently pushed me into the bathroom.

I tried taking my jeans off but they were so glued to my skin it hurt. "Dean?" I called out. He came in. "I can't get these off" "Here let me help" he pulled it off me gently. "Thanks"

He kissed my cheek and walked out. I stripped the rest off my clothes off and got in the shower.

Someone arms wrapped around me. I turned around. It was Dean. "Shouldn't you be wearing your neck brace?" "I do need to shower Charlie" he chuckled.

I haven't noticed that I had a bruise forming on my chest. "That wasn't there yesterday" Dean frowned. I bit my lips. He doesn't know I attacked Nikki.

I leaned my head on his chest. "Charlie, what did you do after I went to hospital?" He lifted my chin up. "I attacked Nikki" I smiled innocently. 

He had no emotion on his face. "You're staying home for the rest of the recovery" "Fine then so are you" I crossed my arms.

"Fine then"

Really? He gave in that easily. That's suspicious but I'll let it go.

I got changed into a onesia but got Dean to help me wrap the bandage around me. It was a Pikachu onesia, it's so cute.

Dean was just wearing his boxers. I made him put his neck brace back on.

"You know it's your birthday tomorrow?" "Don't remind me" "Can I at least buy you a present?" "Nope" "Take you out?" "Nope" "I seriously give up on you Ambrose" I rolled my eyes.  he smirked.

"I'm still buying you a cake." "I don't mind a cake" I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. "You're killing me here"

"Well I know what I'm doing for your birthday" "ooh tell me." "It's a secret" he leaned in and kissed me.

"I can't wait" I smiled.