Chapter 73 - Family

Charlie POV

I literally had to drag Dean down to my parents house. Riley was holding Dean hand. My Mum opened the door. "Abigail" she pulled me into a hug. Even though we're on good terms. I hate that name. Carl came to the door. "Oh my god you're growing little brother" I crouched down to hug him.

"Oh Riley sweetie you're growing big too" My Mum picked him up. Dean looked uncomfortable with her holding him. Riley was looking at her crazy. I had to hold my laugh in. "Yeah he's almost 1 soon and he's already running around and walking" "Clever boy he is" "Or more like his father" I mumbled. Dean smirked.

We walked in to see Bo and Mika. "Last time I seen you. You were Carl age" Mika hugged me. I smiled. "I see you all the time" Bo laughed as he brought me into a bear hug. "Can't. Breath!" Everyone laughed as he put me down.

Mika walked over to Dean. She stuck her hand out. "I'm Mika. Charlie Auntie" "Jonathan. I'm her husband. But you can call me Dean" he shook her hand.

Bray came down. "Hey honey" He hugged me and kissed my forehead. I can feel this tension between Dean and Bray.

Dean POV

It's so awkward just standing here. "I'm gonna take Riley upstairs with Carl as you guys can catch up" I smiled. "Aww that's thoughtful. Thank you Dean" Charlie Mum said.

Carl ran up to me and held my hand. We went upstairs into his bedroom. It was filled with Roman and I. "I'm guessing you're a fan of me and my buddy" "You guys are the best and not because you're my brother but you're amazing too."

I put Riley down and closed the door. "Wanna play Wrestling on the x-box ?" "I'll beat your ass" he smirked. "Cute. That's what your sister says too" We all sat on the bed. Riley was in between my legs. He kept smacking the buttons on the controller laughing.

"Riley you're gonna make Daddy lose" Carl pinned me. I just got my ass kicked by a 3 year old. "Rematch?" "You are on"

Charlie POV

I was peeking through the door and smiled at them having some guy time together. I turned around and jumped a mile. "Mika you scared me" "Sorry sweetie." She peeked through the hole. "He's a sweetheart with kids. Do you guys want more?" "I uhh. Need some fresh air" she grabbed my arm before I could walk away. "Are you ok?" "I'm fine" I walked downstairs.

"Hon-" I didn't let my Mum finish her sentence and closed the door shut. I walked down the streets to my favourite little garden with a swing set. I sat on it.

Dean POV

"You were just lucky" "Yeah 3 times" he smirked. Mika walked in. "Dean, Charlie just walked out she looked upset." "What happened?" "I just asked if she wanted more kids and she just walked off"

No one knew. Only I did. "Will you look after Riley for me?" "Of course" I got up and handed him to her and went downstairs. "Dean, darling what's wrong with Charlie?" "I'm gonna find her now. Don't worry Ms Goodman"

I left the house. Now where would Charlie go. I remember her mentioning a garden she would go to.

I walked in and saw her there sat on the swing. I crouched in front of her. "How did you find me?" She sniffed. "You're my wife. I do pay attention when you're blabbering about stuff" I brushed her tears away.

A small smile appeared on her face. I stood up. She did the same. "Come here" I sat on the swing so she could sit on my lap. "What's wrong?" "When Mika asked if I wanted more kids it just hit me again. It's like a bullet going through my heart. The truth is. I do want more kids. But I can't. When I think about it. I just get emotional" She cried into my chest.

I rubbed her back trying to calm her down. "I know it's something you don't want to hear. But you still have Riley and I. We can always try and try. Because there's hope and luck in this world. Like Riley was to us. We don't know what the future brings us but it will expand our family"  I kissed the top of her head.

She looked at me. "You really think we have a chance?" "I don't think so. I know we do" I kissed her. "I love you so much" She mumbled into my chest. "I love you too princess"

I turned around to see Mika and Bray standing there. "I'm sorry" Mika mouthed. Charlie seemed like she fell asleep. I lifted her up bridal style. Bray came beside me as we walked home.

"You handled my daughter very well. Most partner wouldn't. I can see why she loves you." "She's all I have" "look after her. She needs someone like you" "I will"

We walked into the house. I took her upstairs and layed her down on her bed. Riley came walking in and tried climbing on the bed. I helped him up. He crawled over to her and layed on her chest. I smiled and was about to walk out when I heard Riley say his first word. "Did you just speak?" "Mama" His first word was Mum. I looked at Charlie she looked scared. Is she having another nightmare?

Charlie POV

'Please don't' 'it's to stop the pain,' I fell back as he came closer with the knife. 'Goodnight Charlie' He stabbed me

I woke up screaming. Dean was beside me. Riley was asleep at the end.  "This is been going on for far too long Charlie. What are you dreaming about?" He asked with concern.

"I- it's uh nothing just a nightmare of stuff. Everyone gets it" I slipped out of bed. Dean leaned against the wall watching me. I silently grabbed my pj's and got changed into them. Dean came over and wrapped his arms around me from  behind. "Riley said his first word" "What was it?" "Mama" I turned to face him with a smile. "Really?" "He  said it as he layed on you"

I just burried my face into his chest. All I need is the comfort from my man. Carl came in with his teddy. "I can't sleep"

I smiled and picked him up. "You can sleep with me, Dean and Riley." I slipped into bed. I was against the wall. Carl was beside me cuddled up to me then Riley and Dean was on the end. "Big sis" "Yes little bro?" "I love you" "I love you too" I smiled.

Morning

I woke up and saw the kids and Dean gone. I looked outside. They were playing football. I smiled and got changed. I went downstairs. "Morning sweetheart" "Morning Mum" "Hey Bubs" "Hi Daddy" I hugged him.

I sat with them eating breakfast.  "You ok?" My Mum asked. "I'm fine." I smiled. She nodded. "Dean amazing with the boys" We looked out. They were both on top of him play fighting.

"He is" I got up and walked outside. Dean looked over and smiled at me. Riley saw and ran over. "Mama" I crouched down as he hugged me.

Carl came over. "I beat Dean in football." "He cheated" I heard Dean shout. I put Riley down and stood up. "You're a sore loser. My brother comes from my bloodline" Carl and I high fived.

Dean ran towards me and tackled me down. I was caught of guard and screamed. I started laughing. Carl jumped on top of Dean back and Riley sat on my face. Dean burst out laughing. 

He got up picking Riley up. "He needs a nappy change."

Riley was clapping his hands laughing. Dean chuckled. I giggled. Carl came over and hugged me. I love my family.