ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ

Anastasia's pov:

I began getting ready for the party after shopping most of the day with Steven.I brought a blue dress for the party and Steven got Eden a little pink,drum set because Steven wanted her to 'grow up to be like him and annoy the hell out of Axl' which I was sure Erin would hate.I got Eden cute little care bear because I knew she would love it.

"I'm about to go meet Adrianna,Are you okay?"Steven asked peering his head in the door.

"yeah I'm good,have fun."I smiled looking around my messy vanity for my lipstick.

"oh I forgot,you're dad called while you were in the shower..I told him to leave you a message so try your answering machine it seemed urgent."Steven said before leaving swiftly.

"Thanks Adler!"I called out as I heard shuffling downstairs and him talking to himself until the front door slammed shut,as I assumed he had left and I was now home alone.

'You have 1 new message.' The answering machine chimed as it proceeded with a beep and then my dad's voice. 'Hey Stassy,it's your dad...I just thought I'd tell you that your mom is sick..you already knew that but it's getting worse'He paused letting out a loud exhale as I squinted at myself in the vanity mirror.Was my dad crying?I asked myself as a couple seconds later his voice began blubbering.  'The doctors have only gave her a couple months to live,I know you may not care but she's your mother...I'm so worried Stassy,I don't wanna be alone.' My dad confessed as the call went a bit static.'Im calling off the hospital phone,I just had to put in more money but I really hope you can visit,come home to Seattle and see your mom before...you know.Duff is coming with Susan and hopefully their daughter.It would really mean a lot if you came too, I know you two never really got along but it's now or never.I just want the whole family to be together,you're mom asked specifically for me to call you so just letting you know,I love you,call the home phone if you receive this and we can talk more'He continued as it finally cut off and ended as I didn't know how to react.

Why was my mom asking for me?Part of me felt sorry for my dad and I planned to invite him to La but no way was I going back to see my mother,I couldn't.She was wicked,It was probably wrong to say but she deserved it.

I figured Duff would go home since he never argued with our parents until he decided to leave for La,I however argued with them almost every day causing me to start drugs as I realised I never quit,I was far from clean but I wanted to change that .Id been consistently throwing up and drugs made me feel worse but I became almost reliant on them. I did line or two before any major event but I knew it was wrong to be high at a children birthday party so I held off.I didn't need to give Erin more of a reason to be mad at me other than what I said to her at the premiere.

My family life was so f*cked up and irreparable,
all these years and I still resented my mother and even though she was dying I couldn't feel any sympathy.Maybe it was the cocaine that was making my emotions so dull or maybe my mother truly was just a bad person and didn't deserve me then and doesn't deserve me now.What I would do to have a completely normal family life.

"Who's on the answering machine."A voice called out in the doorway as I almost jumped out of my skin,as I pressed my hand against my pounding heart as I looked to the mirror in front of me as Gilby appeared behind me.

"you scared the sh*t out of me!"I exclaimed sighing.

"my bad...you look beautiful."He smirked as he attempted to kiss me as I turned him to my cheek as it took him back. "wow a cheek?"He complained.

"I'm doing my makeup."I blushed trying to avoid eye contact,I didn't know why he was here,I didn't want him to know where I was going,I didn't even want him here.I'd been thinking about what Steven said all day.I never had fun with Gilby.He wasn't what I wanted.I even considered breaking up with him after making amends with everyone else around me.