ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ

Slash's pov:

I knew what I had to do,I met with Steven as quick as I could,I hated Gilby,Matt was fine but the original Guns needed to happen in order for all of us to keep our sanity.It was easy for Steven to forgive and jump into my arms at the first chance he got,despite his parents especially Deanna who he had been living with for the past year or so.

I met Renee at some upper class party,Steven and I snuck into simply because my mom was the stylist for Bowie,who attended to party.Renee was an actress and she was hot..what more could you want.She was a bit shallow sometimes and a little too sensitive but as long as she didn't lie about having my baby like my last girlfriend did she was fine.

Yvonne,my last girlfriend,called me quite often,more often than I'd like but I didn't mind keeping in touch with her as she gave me updates on her baby.I was shocked when she called me and said she saw Anastasia in the airport,I couldn't help but wonder where she was going and after I asked,Yvonne told me 'Seattle' I thought she'd gone crazy..as if she wasn't crazy before.

I went over Steven's place that night and got drunk. "hey Stas I'm with Slash you wanna speak to him?"Steven said like a drunken idiot as he practically shoved the phone in my face.

It was a short but sweet conversation as I lay sprawled out on Steven's couch reading rolling stone,with Anastasia on the cover,no surprises there. f*cking Vogue girl.

It was like she was trying to haunt me.Everyday when I walked to meet my dealer I'd pass by a magazine stall that had everything,including her.She really threw herself into modelling,It was rewarding when I looked at her on the cover of a magazine and thought,that's my wife,except not really but technically still my wife.Its complicated but it felt good to be legally married to a supermodel.I brought everyone of her magazines I saw,I didn't know why I always spent the money I was going to give to my dealer on her.I just felt some guilt walking past her.

Renee was oblivious to the whole thing,when she asked why I brought the latest rolling stone magazine,I just lied and said Axl was trash talking cobain in the middle article.She was completely clueless until she saw them all stacked up with the same girl either on the cover or even with a small back page.She sorta freaked out and demanded to get married if I was serious about this,and if I wasn't she'd leave.I took her to Australia to try and distract her while I met up with a couple friends and recorded some sh*t,while Guns was on some weird break.

I wasn't serious but I didn't want her to leave so I agreed,obviously not telling her I was already married.I would think of a way to tell her another time and hopefully think of another way to tell all the press who swarmed me at every chance they got but Renee told them all.I was drunk so the photo on the magazine cover wasn't pretty and neither was the angry phone call I received from my mom,demanding to meet Renee.

Anyway,I lay on Steven's couch reading Anastasia's magazine to see my name mentioned a couple times,as well as hers in the personal Collum part written all by Duff McKagan.

"Anastasia just used Slash to get back at me"I read out to Steven.I was still in a band with Duff,or I was meant to be..we hadn't rehearsed or even seen each other since the rolling stone opener. "What the f*ck is his problem?"I groaned tossing the magazine away.

"you f*cked his sister that's pretty unforgivable."Steven shrugged.

"you kept it a secret from him."I reminded Steven as he rolled his eyes.

"There's a difference between us,I didn't f*ck her..you did multiple times,I heard it just about every night when we all lived together...I missed that."Steven reminisced.

"you missed hearing us have sex?"I asked him confused.

"no just living together."He said opening another beer bottle with his teeth.