ɢᴜɪʟᴛ

Anastasia's Pov:

"hey.."Duff said as he approached me,I was curled up on the tour bus beds sobbing as he sat next to me exhaling out heavily.

"Is Mandy mad at me..?"I asked.

"no,she's a little upset with mom and dad for causing that scene but other than that no"He shrugged.

"It was my fault.I just can't believe she said that about Slash.I've never been more ashamed of her"I said shaking my head. "I thought by acting up as much as I could I'd get a reaction out of them."I sighed.

"Well you definitely got a reaction but I don't think it's the one you were looking for"Duff laughed it off.

"I just wanted her to see I was happy,even if she was ashamed of me that I was dancing or just having fun I wanted her to notice,I craved the attention that they gave to you growing up.They still favour your even though we're adults.I just thought you weren't going to invite them."I said as he shook his head.

"I wasn't and I didn't.They showed up as soon as they found out I was getting married in Seattle the showed up,I didn't want to turn them away but I wish I did."Duff admitted.

"holy sh*t!I punched out mother in the face."I said grasping the realness of everything that just happened.

"You definitely did."Duff laughed.

"I'm sorry for ruining your wedding,I wish I had my pills"I said sincerely.

"you didn't ruin my wedding at all.Weddings make me feel overwhelmed anyway. But do you know how much I've wanted to punch one of our parents?There horrible shallow people and expect us to become horrible shallow people too.Did I ever tell you about how they cut me off when I first moved to La on my own?"Duff said as I was surprised.

"no?"I asked as he shuffled around on the bed getting comfy.

"They wouldn't let me call,they cut off all my money,I lived with Slash and his mom for about a month until I got back on my feet and starting playing gigs then we found Axl and Izzy then Guns for formed ."Duff said

"That's why you didn't call all summer?"I said finally making sense of it.Back when I was nineteen still living at home,well as much of a home as it could've been with my parents in Seattle,Duff used to call me everyday from La but one day he stopped and didn't call back for a month,that was just before I overdosed.

"That's why I wasn't there for you when you know.I tried to call but every time dad answered and insisted that you were fine and for me not to call again since they were so angry I left to pursue my dreams of being a rockstar."He shrugged.

"At least it worked out for you and here I was thinking all that time that I'd done something to drive you away and that's why you stopped calling"I said honestly as I could see the regret in his eyes,I didn't blame my addiction on him at all and it was never his fault but I could tell he shielded some guilt about it.

"I'm sorry for not being there,If I knew about it I would've,I shouldn't of left you with them anyways,that's why I promise to be there for you and that's probably why I was so angry and overprotective about the coke in the bathroom at that party and those damn pills."he shuddered.
"I'll always try my best to look out for you Ana."He smiled as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Do weddings make you all emotional too because this feels like a movie where the siblings have a bonding moment."I teased.

"you just had to ruin it."He said rolling his eyes

"You're my best friend Duff."I sighed as he looked touched.

"I better go find Mandy and everyone else,we need to get out of Seattle.."he said as I interrupted him.

"for good?"I asked hopefully.

"I meant get out of Seattle before it rains but for good works too."He agreed getting up "You coming?"He suggested as he stuck his hand down to me as I grabbed it and he pulled me up as I reluctantly walked back into the wedding.

"Anastasia!"Erin said as she hugged me

"I wish I had the guts to punch my mom"Axl said smugly as he seemed to admire me for it.

"Where's Mandy?"I asked as Erin pointed her out to me.

"hey Mandy?"I said as she turned from Duff as I glanced at him as I signalled him away with my eyes.

"I'll go tell Alan we're leaving."Duff said excusing himself as Mandy turned to me.

"I'm really sorry about today."I sighed.

"Don't be!It might've not been the most ideal wedding and it definitely wasn't perfect but it was eventful.All my family think I've rushed into this and think you're slightly crazy but I get it."She sympathised.

"you get it?"I said skeptically.

"Like I said I'm not blind,I know you and Slash have something going on,it's not my place to tell Duff and I won't but if one of my parents said something like that about Duff or anyone that I loved I'd probably punch them too and at least it was memorable."Mandy giggled.

"Thank you?"I said so shocked that everyone was so forgiving and casual about it but I wondered if they just pitied me.

"Besides you're like my sister now,you're little secrets safe with me and your parents definitely aren't invited to the after party."Mandy winked.

"Where's the after party?"I asked surprised.

"Wherever the tour bus takes us next..let's get out of here."She grinned