ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ

Anastasia's pov:

"I didn't know there would be another drummer, Axl called him in as a favour or some sh*t."Slash said trying to justify himself.

"what the f*ck?"Steven muttered.

"you still rehearsed."I reminded him.

"We had too!Steven didn't show!"Slash argued back. "This isn't like the last album,we need to rehearse,going out in those now sold out stadium shows is musical suicide if we haven't rehearsed at all."Slash sighed.

"Steven was having withdrawals all day,you can't expect him to drum through it."I scoffed.

"no but I expect my girlfriend to atleast hear me out."He said rolling his eyes. "Izzy and I tried to say we weren't playing and then f*cking Gilby showed up,trying to play with us."Slash said angrily.

"Gilby?"I asked again unsure of whether I heard him right as he nodded.I looked over at Steven who just walked straight out as I chased after him. "Adler."I shouted.

"I'm going to find a dealer."He grumbled slamming the front door behind him as I just stood there stunned as I turned to Slash and tutted.

"well there's no surprise there."Slash said shrugging as I rolled my eyes at him. "You can't be mad at me for playing."

"I can't,Steven needs to show up to rehearsals but I can't help but pity him,he's my best friend and I know what it's like to be in recovery"I sympathised for Steven.

"He's not in recovery for Ana,He's not staying sobre like the rest of us are trying,sure we're not perfect but you just heard him,he's going to find a dealer you don't get over a drug addiction by taking more drugs."Slash hollered as he walked away and into his bedroom as I peered over his shoulder at the mess Steven made that I probably should've cleaned before Slash came home.
"This is my point,I'm guessing he thought I had hidden drugs?"Slash said looking at me.

"How'd you know?"I said tilting my head.

"it's happened before..it happens all the time."Slash tutted as he just collapsed onto his bed kicking his feet out and putting his arms relaxed behind his head,shutting his eyes in an attempt to ignore me.

"you're not going to talk to me?"I asked walked over to the bedside.

"I can't believe you defended Steven over me."Slash grumbled slightly offended.

"I know what it's like to not have any one defending you."I sighed as I climbed onto his lap as he soon opened his eyes and perked up.

"Ana you and Steven are very different,I get he's your best friend but his drugs are becoming a serious issue."Slash groaned.

"what you gonna kick him out?"I said furrowing my brows at him as he didn't say anything which gave me my answer. "Seriously?"I scowled.

"no..but the contract was made and Axl wants to make a new one if he doesn't start showing up."Slash said.

"please stick up for him."I pleaded.

"of course I will,he's my best friend."Slash said swallowing a lump in his throat as I kissed him.

"you promise?"I said looking at Slash deeply.

"I promise Anastasia."He smirked

"okay I'm sorry for being mad at you...twice but I need to tell you something!"I said excitedly but kinda nervous deep down,I told Slash all about Su telling me about the rehearsals and Gilby.He listened closely and just nodded for the most part.

"wait so Su snitched about the drummer?"Slash said looking at me with a surprised grin.

"yes..but don't mention it to anyone else!"I said tapping his chest. "How was this drummer anyway?"I asked unsure of if I was betraying Steven by asking but I was truly curious.

"He's a lot more technical,he's a nice guy,a little older but great performer and he played well today...plus he actually shows up so it's a bonus but I'm sure Axl wouldn't actually replace Steven."Slash reassured me.

"I wouldn't put it past him,Erin wouldn't let him do that surely."I said thinking about it.

"I wouldn't be so sure,Erin doesn't control Axl nobody does,he reminds me of you in a way you're both so free spirited but Axl is very serious about this band,sometimes a little too serious but he means well,he just doesn't want to take any risks and Steven and his raging coke addiction is a risk."Slash nodded "besides I'm pretty sure him and Erin are having a rough patch,since Eden was born he's been so devoted to his work he barely goes home,he slept in the studio last night."

"Well they're going on a date tonight...and we're babysitting!"I smiled.

"great."Slash groaned.

"we have to babysit Steven too if he comes back empty handed..and I think you owe him and apology."I said looking at Slash as he sighed.

"whatever."He agreed as I smiled kissing him again,this time the kiss was longer turning into a full make out as we rolled over with him on top devouring my face as I stopped him.

"Erin will be here any minute."I whispered as he looked at me cluelessly.. "with our goddaughter?"I reminded him as he rolled his eyes,kissing me again,his hands travelling down my body as my clothes were torn away and tossed around his already trashed room.We didn't use protection nor did I take my birth control but it was a risk I was willing to take as I didn't think twice before giving it to him.