ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ

Anastasia's pov:

I was so anxious about all this,I should've asked more about Duff and what he knew about what had happened.Would he be mad?Would he be glad?He said that he was glad to Erin but maybe he was just exaggerating.Thats the only thing I hated about my brother,apart from his strong will to control me,he was so hard to read,you never really knew how he'd react or feel about anything.

To make matters worse,I'd kinda dropped myself into a situation with Slash,first I didn't know how to act and then I just had to go and kiss him outside the hospital.I wasn't sure if I was ready for a relationship.Id only woken up from a drug overdose today so I opted to take things slow and if slow meant awkward I'd have to deal with it.

"Can I help you?"The front desk lady said sweetly pushing her glasses further up the bridge of her nose as I looked up realising I'd just been lost in my thoughts.

"uh..yeah,Hi I'm-"I began as almost ironically Duff appeared out the corner of my eye.

"Anastasia!"He smiled opening his arms wide as I ran up and hugged him as he embraced me closely. "How you feeling?We can get you checked out here if you feel ill."Duff suggested as I shook my head.

"It's fine,I'm fine..I'm excited."I said all giddy.

"are visiting hours for the maternity ward open now?"Duff asked turning to the front desk lady.

"they are but only for a couple hours."she smiled.

"sick,let's go."Duff said holding out his hand as he pulled me along to the elevator,where the silence lingered as we began going up to the fifth floor.

"why didn't you come see me?"I asked rubbing my arm nervously.

"the other night?"Duff asked as I nodded. "I wanted too,believe me,it kills me that I wasn't there,it kills me that you were in that state..again but I can't leave Su,she got put on bed rest and y'know Stas I'm moving on,I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful daughter now.Im not gonna have time to chase you all around Los Angeles."Duff said sorta harshly as I felt that strange feeling I got.

I wasn't sure if it was jealousy or feeling left out that everyone else was growing up and moving on but I didn't wanna move fast.Why couldn't things stay the same?I guess I struggled letting go off things and I wasn't really the type to forgive and forget.

"I get it."I agreed with him. "It shouldn't have happened anyway,I never intended too."I admitted.

"I know you didn't Stas,you're my sister"Duff said sweetly "and I'll always be here for you no matter what."
even if I was in love with your best friend and ex band mate that I promised you I'd never ever get with? I thought to myself as I couldn't help but be overcome with guilt.Id like to say I couldn't keep secrets from Duff for long but that was a lie,I could keep secrets but damage myself in the process by keeping them.

'Ding' the elevator chimed as Duff shot me a toothy grin as I followed him through the maternity ward,there was screams from both women and children I was scared...I was horrified!

"What's with the face?You'll be here one day."Duff said as I gave him an un approving look as he walked backwards to talk. "you don't see yourself having any kids?"He asked tilting whose head.

"nope."I said bluntly.

"Grace has gotta have someone to play with"Duff shrugged.

"then have another give her a sister."I said rolling my eyes playfully.

"I'll think about it,Grace has only been born about 12 hours and I'm not sure about the thought of another she makes me feel old."Duff groaned.

"I think I see a little grey hair in that blonde mop you've got there."I teased pointing at his hair as he ruffled it about.