ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇꜱ

Anastasia's pov:

"you okay?you don't look so good."Gilby said in a sweet tone probably referring to the tears rolling down my face that made my cheeks sticky and ran through my make up.

"I'm fine."I nodded

"hey why don't you come up here?"Gilby offered as I just shrugged my shoulders.

"I think I'm gonna go to Erin's."I said trying to resist.

"Good luck making it down the whole strip without some creep following you."Gilby chuckled

"how do you expect me to get up there?"I sighed looking up the tall building where he stuck his head out the window at the peak.

"there's a ladder inside,just walk through the record store and climb up here."He insisted.I did that and let myself into the record store,Gilby worked at as I climbed up the ladder to his sort of loft,studio apartment above.

"and they say chivalry is dead."I muttered under my breath after Gilby took my hand as I reached the top of the ladder,I struggled to climb in my cowboy boots.

"sit please."Gilby said ushering me over to the couch as I looked around his living area.

"This is actually quite nice,you live alone?"I asked

"well I can make as much noise as I want if that's what you mean?"Gilby said suggestively as he sat opposite me. "Imagine if we had a place like this when we were kids back in Seattle,all the music we could ever want just below us,and a place to hangout above."Gilby smiled.

"you can just take whatever you want from down there?"I asked intrigued.

"yeah..It's all mine now,I brought it from the owner a couple weeks back."Gilby smiled.

"that's cool."I said trying to be friendly.

"Go pick a record,we can play it up here."Gilby said as my eyes practically sparkled as I got up ecstatically suddenly changing my mood as I slid down the ladder and roamed around the record store below for quite a while.I eventually made my pick and brought it back up to Gilby who stood next to the record player with huge stereos either side as he poured me a glass of wine handing it to me as I handed him my choice or record. "What'd you settle for?"He said flipping it over. "Fleetwood Mac?"He said almost surprised.

"yeah,I love the rumours album,Stevie Nicks is my hero!"I said excitedly.

"I thought The Rolling Stones were your favourite?"Gilby said as he handed me the glass of wine and the record began playing as we both sat down opposite each other again.

"they were when I was a teenager in Seattle,but I'm different now,I've changed,I kinda have a job,I have different friends and I have a boyfriend."I reminded Gilby as he choked a little on the sip of his wine until he opened a cabinet drawer next to the couch and pulled out a baggy of coke it looked like.

"So what is it that actually led you here?"Gilby asked tapping some of the white powder onto his hand as he must've saw me staring at it. "I'm sorry you want some?"He offered as I shook my head

"No im good."I said shifting around in my chair feeling uncomfortable "I didn't intend on coming here..like I said I was going to Erin's."I side tracked.

"But why were you going to Erin's this late at night?La is dangerous I've only been here a few months and I learnt it straight away."he chuckled.

"I don't really wanna talk about it."I said shaking my head.

"well maybe talking about it will make you feel better...I saw those tears Ana."Gilby said edging closer,kinda exceeding his friendship boundaries.

"I'd rather not,Slash and I just had a fight that's all."I sighed hoping saying it would get him to stop glaring at me like I was some sort of trophy.