Mirage ( G1 ) x Reader ( Too Late )

Third Person's POV 

The mission was supposed to be easy. Destroy the communication base between Megatron and Decepticons that were on Cybertron. Mirage and Y/N were assigned for this mission. Even taught Mirage was an Autobot and Y/N was a human they were a team that always brought good news back to the base. But this time everything went wrong. 

Mirage: ''You will be okay Y/N. You will be okay.'' 

He said as he carried his partner in his hands. Because she was badly injured he did not want to carry her in his robot form because he was so scared of hurting her. Her head was bleeding, there were dip cuts on her arms as she was bleeding from her stomach as well. Trace of her blood was following them. 

Y/N: ''Mirage...the mission...'' 

Mirage: ''Don't worry about it girl. We need to get you to Ratchet.'' 

Her eyes were open but she was trying so hard not to close them. Mirage was running as fast as he could. He called to the base so Ratchet and others were coming their way. He knew that Y/N won't make it to the base. She was dying. 

Mirage: ''You are so strong, love. You can do it.'' 

He said looking down at her. Her eyes were looking up at him with pain all written in them. 

Y/N: ''M-Mirage...I can't...'' 

Mirage: ''Come one love. You can do it. Ratchet will help you.'' 

Mirage's spark was hurting. He knew in what kind of pain she was in. She wasn't just his friend or his partner. She was his spark mate. 

Y/N: ''Mirage...stop...plase...'' 

She said making Mirage stop. He looked down at his beloved. 

Y/N: ''You...know...that I...won't make it.'' 

Mirage: ''Don't...say that love. We can make it just hold one.'' 

Y/N: ''No..it's too late.'' 

As much as Mirage wanted to continue running his spark was not letting him. He was too late. Carefully he went down on the ground with Y/N bearly awake in his arms. 

 Y/N: ''Dino....'' 

Mirage: ''Hold on Y/N...please.'' 

He knew this was the last time she would call him by that name. 

Mirage: ''I love you, darling. I love you so much.'' 

He said as she gave him the last smile. She meant everything to him. She was his darling flower. His happy girl. The girl that always did everything to help him. He could see her lips opening. She wanted to say the same words back to him but just then her beautiful heart stopped beating. Her eyes slowly closed. 

Mirage: ''Y/N? Y/N? Darling....come on...'' 

He gently placed a hand on her cheek as his spark began to hurt as it never hurt before. The pain was real. She was gone. Tears began to roll down Mirage's cheeks as he pulled her body to him. 

Mirage: ''Please don't leave me...please...d...don't...'' 

Just then Autobots came to them but the moment they saw the picture in front of them they knew that Y/N was gone. 

Ratchet: ''We are too late.'' 

He said with his spark breaking for his comrade and his human friend who he looked forward to one day marry and start a family. Mirage looked down at his mate to press his lips with his mate for the last time. He was too late.