You're Moving - Jamie Oleksiak

Walking home from work was always relaxing

Walking home from work was always relaxing. I only lived a few blocks away from my work so most of the time it was completely doable. Not only did it save gas, but my usual walks to work would help me focus for the work day and my usual walks home from work would help me wind down and clear my head after a long work day.

Walking home had never been an issue, but as I walked I couldn't help but feel like something wasn't right. I tried to shake it off and continue my walk home when suddenly I noticed someone had been behind me for an awfully long time. It wasn't out of the ordinary for people to be walking behind me, but this person had been following for too long and I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen.

I picked up my pace just wanting to get home and call Jamie, he was always the person I went to when I needed comfort. When my pace quickened, so did the person following me. My heart started beating fast, I knew that once I had turned the corner it was a straight shot to my house.

The second I turned the corner, I full on sprinted towards my house and that was when my worst fears were confirmed. The person was chasing me.

I ran as fast as my legs would take me and just as I felt like my legs were going to give up on me I felt someone get their hands on me from behind. I tried to pull myself down to the ground but whoever had a hold on me was too strong. Just as I was losing hope the front door to my house swung open.

"Hey!" I heard Jamie's voice call as the person who was trying to grab me let go and started to run the opposite direction.

Jamie ran as fast as he could, I thought he was running after whoever it was that had just tried to do god knows what but instead he ran to me.

"Are you ok?" He asked panicked. "Did they hurt you?!"

"No jamie" I said through sobs. "I'm not hurt, I'm just scared" I let out more cries.

"Hey, hey, you're safe now. I'm here ok?" He soothed pulling me against him and rubbing his hands on the back of my head.

"Jamie, who was that?" I continued crying.

"I don't know baby, but you don't have to worry about them anymore" he comforted.

I felt him lift me up bridal style and carry me into the house. I don't know why Jamie was at my house, and I wasn't going to ask him. I was just thankful that he was there when I needed him, just like he always was.

He sat me on the couch and grabbed a rag to clean me up. Trying to throw myself to the ground not only dirtied my clothes, but it also caused a small cut on my cheek.

"You're not walking anywhere by yourself anymore, you hear me?" Jamie said sternly as he knelt in front of me and pressed the wet rag to the cut on my cheek.

"But I-" I started before he cut me off.

"I don't want you walking anywhere by yourself anymore. It's not safe, understood?" He looked at me seriously.

"Understood" I gave a weak smile.

He was right. After what had just happened of course it wasn't safe to go out by myself. Even if I thought it would be, there was no way Jamie was letting that happen. He had gone into protective mode and once he was there, there was no snapping him out of it.

"Are you ok?" He asked sympathetically, still gently cleaning my wound.

"Yeah, I'm just shaken up. I'm not really hurt besides the super unattractive battle wound" I tried to laugh.

Jamie leaned in slowly and pressed a soft kiss to the cut on my cheek.

"It's beautiful" he pulled away with a smile. "Just like you"

I leaned forward and brought my lips to his for a sweet kiss.

"Thank you for being my hero tonight" I placed my hands on either side of his face. "Can you do me a favor?" I asked seriously.

"Name it baby"

"Can you just stay here tonight?" I asked hopefully.

"Are you kidding? I never want to let you out of my sight again after what just happened" he breathed a laugh.

"I might be ok with that" I giggled.

"Oh and sweetheart?" His voice pulled my eyes to his. "You're moving"

I laughed at his words but I knew he was serious. He wouldn't ever feel safe me living here by myself anymore, he barely was ok with it before the attack.

"I might be ok with that too" I ran my thumbs over his cheeks.

"Would you maybe want to move to...my place?" He asked cautiously.

I looked at him questioningly, trying to piece together if it was a joke or not.

"For real?" I finally asked him.

"For real" he confirmed seriously.

"I would like that very much" I smiled before watching the smile grow on his face.

"Then it's settled." He pulled himself to his feet. "I made dinner then we should get to bed, we have a long day tomorrow" he grabbed my hand and tugged me up to my feet.

"What's tomorrow?" I asked as I frantically went through my thoughts to figure out what I had forgotten.

"You're moving" he tapped my nose lightly with his pointer finger with a smile before leading the way to the kitchen.

That night his hands never left me. No matter what we did, he was touching me in some way. He knew I was terrified from what had happened and this was his way of showing comfort and protection.

Typical Jamie always making sure I was safe and he was protecting me, and I loved him for it.

Requested by: @goldenskiesbb

Thank you for requesting! 💚🤍🖤💚🤍🖤