Move On - Josh Anderson

I paced back and forth waiting for Josh to return home

I paced back and forth waiting for Josh to return home. I looked over the things in his place wanting to remember the place that I thought would be not only my home for the rest of my life, but my home with Josh for the rest of my life. I wanted to remember everything just in case our conversation went south.

"Maybe one day Josh and I will go there, it sounds nice" I finished my laughter from hearing Cat, Tyler Toffoli's wife's, story.  "Maybe on our honeymoon" I smiled taking a drink of my drink, smiling to myself at the thought.

"Honeymoon?" She asked with a confused tone as she took a drink of her own drink.

"Maybe, I mean it might be a nice honeymoon" I shrugged.

"I didn't think you guys were that serious" she giggled laying her drink down.

"Hmm?" I asked curiously, unsure of what she could mean.

"Well, just, I don't know Tyler told me Josh said it was just a fling. That he didn't see it ending in wedding bells from the way he talked and that I shouldn't get too attached to you. I thought you guys just had a casual thing" she looked at me sympathetically...my face had to have fallen, my whole body had to have fallen.

"He doesn't see a future?" I said softly to myself.

"You know, maybe Tyler got it wrong. He doesn't tend to listen very well" she laughed lightly placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey" Josh said opening the door and pulling me from my thoughts of my lunch with Cat. "This is a surprise" he smiled walking towards me and giving me a quick kiss. "I thought you had lunch with Cat today?"

"I did, I just finished" I smiled slightly. "We kind of had an interesting conversation"

"Oh yeah, did you have fun?" He asked taking off his jacket.

"Yeah...I kind of had something I wanted to talk to you about actually though" I started slowly.

"Everything ok?" He asked concerned.

"How long have we been together?" I asked seriously.

"Almost a year, why love?" He set his keys down after taking off his jacket.

"I thought it was a great year together" I said cautiously.

"It was an amazing year babe" he shot me a smile.

"Did you tell Tyler you don't want to marry me?" I asked quickly.

"What?" He chuckled slightly.

"Did you tell Tyler anything that would make him tell Cat not to get attached to me? Like that you don't see yourself marrying me?" I crossed my arms.

"Well I mean, he asked when I was going to propose" he said slowly.

"And you told him?" I pushed on trying to get him to go on.