Important - Marc-Andre Fleury

Sitting at a beautiful wedding full of love was not my ideal situation right after getting out of a relationship

Sitting at a beautiful wedding full of love was not my ideal situation right after getting out of a relationship. A relationship where I had been mistreated and cheated on more times than I could even count.

One thing did help the situation at hand though, the fact that a good amount of the roster for the Chicago Blackhawks were in attendance since it was a player getting married. I had gotten to know a good few of them over the past few years and it was safe to say that not one of them liked my ex, so the support was through the roof.

The ceremony was beautiful and the second I walked into the reception, I knew it would be even more beautiful. I was also thankful I got seated where I did, with people I felt the most comfortable with.

"How are you holding up?" Amanda asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Surprisingly, a lot better than I thought I would be. I giggled while grabbing my drink. "How's mama life?" I asked before taking a sip.

"Exhausting, but totally worth it" she smiled widely.

"I'm so happy for you guys" I gave a sad smile even though I tried to hide it.

"I'm happy for you too. It sounds weird, it's not the same kind of happy but I am happy for you. Happy you're out of that situation and happy you now have the opportunity to have the relationship and the life you deserve" she patted my elbow gently.

"Oddly enough, that makes sense to me" I breathed a laugh before we both heard someone calling out for Amanda.

"The boy is calling me, but I'll be back. We're table buddies" she gave a warm smile getting up from the table and making her way over to her man.

I watched her smile get wider as she approached him and tucked herself under his arm. They both looked so happy and so in love. My focus turned to the bride and the groom, whispering something to each other with a smile spread across their faces in between greeting their wedding guests. There were happy couples everywhere, it was almost infuriating given my situation.

I didn't even notice I deep sighed until someone sitting next to me pulled me back to reality.

"Are you jealous?" Marc-Andre asked, taking the seat Amanda had just vacated.

"Not jealous, just...overwhelmed" I answered honestly.

"Understandable. I'm stealing Amanda's seat by the way" he chuckled, making himself comfortable.

"Totally fine with me" I gave a small smile.

Out of everyone, Marc-Andre was the only one who hadn't made a comment about the breakup. It was kind of nice, but at the same time he was the one person I wanted to comment, to give his thoughts.