Soon - Patrick Kane

"I got the popcorn" I beamed as I walked into the living room

"I got the popcorn" I beamed as I walked into the living room. It was one of the rare nights where Patrick and I just got to be together. No business, no interruptions, just Patrick and I.

"I have the perfect spot for you" Patrick said pulling the blanket back and patting the spot next to him. I laid the popcorn on the table and took a seat next to him. I cuddled up to his side as he pulled the blanket over the both of us and let his arms fall around me, his hand resting on my thigh.

I lived for nights like these, nights where I got Patrick all to myself. I looked up at him and a smile crept onto my face. As he looked down at me and gave me a smile there was only one thing I was absolutely sure about. I loved that man. He gave me a quick kiss before turning back to what was playing on the tv.

Throughout our night he would hug me a little tighter at times, kiss the top of my head or just simply glance my way with a smile painted across his face. I loved his smile, it lit up my world. He knew just how to make me melt. He was rubbing my arm with his hand and with my head against his chest, it was hard to fight the wave of tiredness that suddenly came over me. My ears focused on the rhythm of his beating heart, it was a soothing sound to me. Knowing that was the sound of the very thing keeping my amazing man alive made me smile and before I could even catch myself, I drifted off to sleep.

I was fast asleep when a kiss being pressed to my forehead caused my eyes to flutter open and a smile to spread on my face.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep on you" I apologized rubbing my eyes.

"Don't apologize sweetie, I love that you're comfortable enough to sleep on me" he smiled causing me to smile as well and cuddle my face into the crook of his neck.

"You looked so cute and sweet asleep all cuddled up to me" he kissed the top of my head. I wanted to stay like this forever. "I never thought I could love you more but every time I think that, you keep proving me wrong" he laughed.

"What do you mean?" I asked shifting myself so I could look at him.

"Watching you sound asleep in my arms reminded me how much you mean to me. It made me fall more in love with you and I didn't think that was possible. You're everything to me, my whole world." He smiled pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"You're my everything, I love you" I kissed him again feeling him smile in the kiss.

I laid my head against his chest again and hugged him tightly.

"Hey, Y/N?" Patrick questioned seriously.

"Yeah?" I nuzzled my head into his chest even more enjoying the smell of his cologne.

"You know I'm going to marry you one day, right?" He asked rubbing his thumb on my arm. I smiled into his chest.

"Prove it" I joked playfully causing him to wrap his arms around me tighter and pull me onto his lap.

"I will, my love. Soon" he pressed a quick kiss to my lips.

"Soon" I pressed my forehead against his as I was met with that smile that I loved so much.

Requested by: @Elise_Rose_Parisson

Thank you for requesting, I hope you like it!