Always - Kirby Dach

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt Kirby shift next to me yet again

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt Kirby shift next to me yet again. He had fallen asleep before me but for some reason he had been tossing and turning for the last half hour.

"Everything ok, babe?" I asked softly as I turned to face him.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" He breathed deeply turning to face me.

"Just a little bit" I giggled running my hand through his hair "but it's ok, what's wrong?"

"Nothings wrong I just woke up and can't get back to sleep" he sighed.

"Want me to get you anything?"

"No thanks sweetheart" he smiled before he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me fully against him. "You're here, that's all I need"

A smile spread across my face as I wrapped my arms around him.

"You sure I'm not going to keep you even more awake?" I asked snuggling my head into his chest.

"No, I like this" he breathed deeply again.

"Me too" I smiled against his chest.

We hadn't been dating very long but it felt very right. We had been together for about three months and I wouldn't trade those three months for anything.

"Babe?" I mumble against his chest.

"Yeah hun?" I felt him shift to get more comfortable.

"I'm really glad I'm here"

"Me too baby and I love you" he said kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too" I smiled the biggest smile I probably had ever smiled in my life.

That was the first time we had ever told each other those special words. It was an instantaneous reaction for me to tell him I loved him back. I feel like I had known I loved him for a few weeks now, but I didn't want to tell him and ruin what we had.

"You do?" He shifted to look down at me and I looked up at him.

"Of course I do silly" I giggled rubbing his back.

"You just, we...we've never said that to each other and you were super quick on the draw there" he chuckled as he pulled slightly away from me to fully look at me, his hand falling to rest on my hip.

"I know we haven't but I've known for a little bit that I love you" I smiled placing my hand on his cheek gently.

"You knew? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I couldn't be the first one to say it, duh" I giggled.

"Why not?" He looked confused.

"Because I wanted you to say it because you meant it and because you wanted to, I didn't want you to only say it because I said it first and you felt pressured or rushed into saying it" I breathed rubbing his back again.

"I would have wanted to say it and I would have meant it" he smiled at me.

I could spend every waking minute with Kirby and my heart would still race and my stomach would still do flips every single time he smiled at me.

"I love you" I couldn't contain the smile on my face.

"I love you too sweetheart" he kissed me gently.

"I'm glad you woke up and couldn't sleep" I lightly laughed pulling him back to me and wrapping my arms tightly around him.

"Me too, although I'm starting to actually feel tired again" he said through a yawn.

"Get some sleep and I'll make us breakfast when we wake up in the morning" I smiled pecking his lips lightly.

"I will never say no to you cooking" he chuckled.

"Good, because you'll be eating my cooking for the rest of your life if I'm lucky"

"I do like the sound of that" he smiled through another yawn.

"Sleep my love" I placed a kiss to his cheek.

"Only if you promise to still be here when I wake up"

"Always" I smiled at him.

"Oh and breakfast too, don't forget breakfast babe"

His childlike excitement for breakfast in the morning just made me love him even more.

"I won't forget breakfast hun, don't worry" I ran my hand through his hair.

"I love you so much" he kissed my forehead.

"I love you more" I giggled.

"You do?" He pretended to act shocked making me laugh.

"Always"

That was the best nights sleep I had ever gotten, all tangled up in the man I loved.

Player requested by: @Taty10__

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️