We Did Good - Connor McDavid

"I think we're ready, sweet baby" I smiled at Easton in his carrier. "Now, let's go surprise daddy at practice huh? What do you think about that?" I lightly rubbed Easton's tummy as I grabbed our bag.

The ride to the practice arena was short but that didn't stop me from looking back at Easton every safe chance I could get. I pulled in and strategically placed the bag and carrier on my arm and hurried in so I could catch Connor and the others while they were at the end of their practice and before they started leaving the ice.

To be honest, it felt good being able to get out a bit. I hadn't been out much since Easton had been born and I knew Connor hated being away from him. Bringing Easton to him seemed like the best of both worlds.

The second I walked in all eyes were on me. I felt a little thrown off but I knew everyone just wanted to see our little bundle of joy. Connor's eyes immediately lit up and as he ignored everything else around him and skated over towards the door that was near where I was standing.

"You brought Easton?!" He beamed happily at me throwing the door open and throwing down his helmet and gloves.

"He wanted to see daddy" I smiled picking up Easton out of his carrier.

"Hey, handsome" Connor kissed the top of Easton's head softly before giving me a quick kiss. "And hello beautiful, how are you feeling being out?"

"It feels so nice to be out" I joked.

Connor took Easton from my arms and cradled him as the rest of the team started filing out throwing down their equipment. I laughed softly at their behavior and moved Easton's carrier out of the way.

"Look how cute he is! I want to hold him, when can I hold him?!" Oscar asked excitedly.

"I get to hold him first, that's the rule" Leon stated gently moving Oscar out of the way.

"What rule? There's no rule!" Oscar clapped back.

"It's the rule of cute babies, Leon always gets to hold them first. Right Y/N" Leon shot me a smile.

"Leave me out of this" I stated holding my hands up with a laugh.

"Umm, when do I get to hold him?" Ryan asked putting his hand up.

"Later!" Both Leon and Oscar yelled at the same time towards Ryan.

"Look at his little fingers he's adorable guys" Ethan gushed joining the group.

"Thanks" Connor beamed smiling at me and giving me a quick wink.

I melted watching the two of them. I knew Connor was nervous and hesitant as he handed over Easton to some of his teammates. Connor stuck close by Easton at all times keeping a close watch over him, it was adorable.

My heart swelled watching all of Connors teammates fawning over our little precious baby. Connor looked over his shoulder where he was standing with a few of the guys before making his way over to me.

"You feeling ok?" He asked taking a seat next to me.

"I feel great, they love him so much" I stated not taking my eyes away from the wonderful sight of Connor's teammates with Easton.

"They really do love him, thank you for bringing him here" He kissed the top of my head. I leaned my head against his shoulder and took a deep breath.

"We missed you and wanted to see you" I smiled.

"I hope he knows how loved he is" Connor said very low, although I still heard him.

"He knows honey, with the love you all have given him today how could he not" I rubbed his leg.

"We did good sweetheart" he pressed a kiss to my head once more.

"We did good" I smiled wrapping my arms around Connor focusing back on our son who was turning every single one of Connor's teammates into a a soft gushy teddy bear.

In that moment, I couldn't imagine being any happier. It was clear Easton was a loved little boy, my fiancé was the most supportive and caring man and we were in a great place in life. We did good.

Requested by: @razzledazzlecalista

I'm sorry this took so long! Things got a little crazy but I hope you like it! Thanks for letting me write for you :)