I'll Make It Up To You - Ben Hutton

(I had to

(I had to...the video that started it all 😂)

"I'm so sorry, I completely forgot we had a team meeting. I really am sorry" Ben said sympathetically as he gave me a small smile.

I had hit a milestone at work, one that I was very proud of myself for. Add to that the fact that I knew Ben was very proud of me as well. We had planned an evening together to celebrate and Ben said to leave all the planning to him...that was until he remembered he had a team meeting on the same day we had planned our celebration.

"It's ok" I strained a smile.

I knew he could tell it was not ok.

"Hey, I'll make it up to you ok?" He tapped my nose lightly and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I promise" he pulled away with a smile.

"Yeah yeah" I joked as he released me and moved to grab his jacket.

"I have to go but please let me know the next day you're free so I can make it up to you?" He looked at me hopefully.

"Sure Ben, drive safe" I offered a smile and closed the door behind him.

I threw myself on the couch, not knowing what I was going to be doing with the rest of the day now that my plans had been canceled.

My phone dinged to let me know I had a text. I picked up my phone and opened my message, it was from Jacob Larsson.

'What are you up to tonight? Want to grab some dinner or something?' I read in my head.

"What?" I said out loud to no one but myself.

How could Ben not be free to celebrate my work milestone because of a team meeting, but Jacob was free for dinner.

'I thought you guys had team practice?' I texted back curious of his answer.

It took a minute but when he finally texted back it did seem suspicious.

'I don't have to go, they didn't say why. I'm counting it as a free pass. So, dinner?'

I narrowed my eyes at the phone. His excuse was a lie, I could see right through it but I didn't have any plans for the night and if who was supposed to be my best friend didn't want to celebrate with me, I would find another way to celebrate.

'What time?'

'I'll pick you up at 7?'