Nice Form - Auston Matthews

It was a big game for us, for everyone on the ice

It was a big game for us, for everyone on the ice. The stakes were high and the tension was easily felt. Everyone was easily irritated and the smallest things made the biggest impact.

Heading into the last half of the third period, I felt myself get pinned against the boards unnecessarily. I pushed back and broke free catching the eyes of Auston Matthews. I rolled my eyes as I went to skate away.

Every time my team, the Washington Capitals, would play his team, the Toronto Maple leafs, there was always a bit of tension between the two of us. And even with that tension, it was hard to put aside how attractive I found the center.

We've had a few conversations where it seemed like things were looking up and it made my little crush grow but that was always squashed when things like this happened on the ice.

When I, again, got unnecessarily targeted by Auston I had had enough. I turned to him furious. I started yelling without any direction of what I was yelling or what I was trying to accomplish.

Before I even knew it my gloves were coming off and I was throwing them to the ground. I noticed Auston had dropped his gloves as well. I had no intention of actually fighting him, I had no idea what made me do it. I chalked it up to built up rage, built up tension and built up attraction.

I could tell by the smirk on his face he didn't actually expect me to do anything, but still I sat with my hands up ready and waiting. It was when he threw me a wink I knew I had to take action.

Without even thinking I lunged towards him but to my, and I'm sure his, surprise instead of initiating a fight, I grabbed his neck brought him to me and kissed him hard.

I could feel how silent the arena had fallen in that moment and that's when my senses kicked in. I had realized what I was doing and my judgement finally wanted to take over. I was about to pull away when I got another surprise, he started to kiss back.

My arms flew around his neck and I felt his hand on my cheek as he deepened the kiss. The arena erupted with cheers and once again the reality of what was happening hit me. I quickly pulled away, grabbed my gloves and skated back to the bench.

No one mentioned anything, it was like for a moment nothing had happened. The game finished in normal fashion and it wasn't until we got back to the locker room that I realized what I was in for.

"Nice form" I heard from behind me.

When I turned around a group of my teammates were mimicking a make out session and over exaggerating it as much as possible.

"I hate you all" I laughed tossing a Jersey at them.

As I walked out of the locker room, my phone dinged.

'I think we need to talk...'

I read the text from Auston in my head.

"Gee, you think?" I lightly said to myself with a laugh.

Requested by: _that_hockey_girl_

Thanks for requesting!