Super Dad - Vince Dunn

"Hey" Vince called walking through the front door

"Hey honey, how was practice?" I asked as he made his way to me and kissed the top of my head.

"It was ok, I'm exhausted" he breathed out, throwing himself on the couch and scooting closer to me.

"Can I get you anything?" I looked at him sympathetically.

"Cuddles would be nice" he slightly smiled.

"Come here" I held my arms open for him as he practically jumped into my arms, nestling his head against my middle. "Comfy?" I giggled at him.

"Very" he took a deep relaxing breath.

"Just be careful with the baby" I said softly.

I felt Vince still before slowly turning his head to look up at me.

"Baby?" He asked with wide eyes.

"I think I'm pregnant" I answered rubbing his head gently. "Well I don't think, I know"

"Really?" He sat up straighter.

"Really" I nodded slightly.

"Baby" he kissed my lips quickly. "I can't...are you sure?" His eyes were brimming with tears.

"I'm sure" I barely got to smile before he was pressing his lips to mine.

"I can't believe it, this is amazing" he kissed me again quickly. "Are you hungry? Is the baby hungry? I can get you something to eat"

"Sweetheart, settle down" I giggled. "It's still the early stages I don't want to eat everything just yet"

"You let me know when you want to eat and we'll go eat" he smiled widely resting back to cuddle my belly.

From that day on Vince had been perfect. Loving, attentive and super sweet about everything...even when I was being difficult.

"Baby" I shook him awake slightly.

"What's wrong?" He asked turning over and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"I'm...I'm pretty sure I'm in labor" I explained trying my best to breathe through the pain that was subsiding.

"Right now?" Vince shot straight out of bed running for the bags we packed in the closet while I changed and grabbed the car keys.

"You ready?" I asked standing by the door while he stood near the couch still.

"Am I?" He seemed like he was talking more to himself than anything.

"Vince" I tried to snap him out of it.

"The baby's coming, he's going to be here like really soon...I don't think I am" he mumbled to himself.

"Hey" I made my way to him resting my hand on his arm and guiding him to sit down. "What's going on with you, everything ok?"

"I just, I knew we were having a baby but now that he's coming it's...real. I'm going to be a dad, he's going to depend on me for everything and what if I can't do it? What if I can't give him everything? What if I fail him?" I could see the fear in his eyes.

"Baby" I ran my hand up and down his arm to comfort him. "No parent can ever give their child everything, but they give everything they can and I know you will. You will never fail him, you've never failed me" I leaned forward and kissed him quickly.

"What if I'm not a good dad though?" He looked at me sadly.

"You're going to be a great dad honey. You already have been. You've taken such good care of us both, I couldn't have done any of this without you. A good dad shows up, tries his hardest and loves unconditionally and I have no doubt in my mind that you always will." I placed my hand on his cheek gently.

"You're damn right I will" he slightly chuckled. "You two will never have to worry about a thing in this world. I'll always give you both everything I can and all the love in the world"

A smiled spread on my face at his words. Not a part of me doubted he meant them.

"I know baby, do you feel better now?" I tilted my head waiting for his answer.

"I feel great now" he smiled at me.

"Well good" I patted his knee before standing up "now I'm going to go have a baby real quick, I'll be right back"

"Oh god, yeah no let's go" he got up quickly and helped walk me out the door.

"Babe" I gathered Vince's attention as I slowly started moving our son, readying for Vince to take him.

"Yeah?" He said barely above a whisper as he held out his arms.

"I'm sure you know but this is your daddy Nicholas. You've got the best daddy in the whole world, you know that?" I rubbed Nicholas' head while Vince situated him in his arms.

"Oh...well you're just so perfect" Vince said softly to the baby in his arms before turning to me. "He's so perfect"

I could see the tears in his eyes welling up, it brought a smile to my face.

"He is absolutely perfect" I rubbed Vince's arm as he looked back down at the baby.

"Your mommy's a warrior little guy. She'll say she's not but she is. We're lucky to have her" he spoke rubbing Nicholas' cheek softly.

"Nicholas John Dunn" I lightly tapped his nose.

"It suits him" Vince smiled up at me.

"He's adorable, just like you" I returned his smile before he leaned over and kissed me slowly.

"He gets all his beauty from you, that's a fact" he kissed me again quickly.

Over the next few days I couldn't even begin to explain how grateful I was to have Vince. Everything seemed to fall into place for him from the minute he held Nicholas.

Changing, clothing, feeding...everything. He had become super dad. He was a natural at putting Nicholas to sleep, giving him a bath and of course just lounging with him.

"What are you doing?" Vince asked as I walked into the kitchen to start dinner.

He had Nicholas in his arms getting ready to feed him a bottle.

"I'm making dinner for us" I answered casually.

"Baby you need your rest I-" he started before I cut him off.

"Honey I can do things, I'm not completely useless. Let me cook dinner, super dad" I giggled rubbing his back.

"Super dad?" He rose an eyebrow at me as I opened the fridge.

"Yes, super dad. As in best daddy in the whole wide world right Nicholas?" I made my way to rub his cheek gently. "You've been so amazing I can't even begin to thank you for what you've done. You're the most amazing man I could have ever asked for and I seriously couldn't have done any of this without you"

He leaned forward and kissed me slowly with a smile.

"Super dad, alright. I like it" he smiled at Nicholas. "But that means you're super mom" he looked at me quickly.

"Whatever you say super dad" I giggled kissing his cheek quickly before turning my attention back to making food.

Requested by: truenorth55

thanks for requesting love! 💙🤍💛💙🤍💛💙