The Spot - Quinn Hughes

The game had been absolutely crazy

The game had been absolutely crazy. I took my seat in the penalty box next to Quinn Hughes. We both ended up with five minute majors...don't ask.

"This is so stupid" I said with a light laugh looking at Quinn.

"Yeah, but whatever" he nudged me.

"Don't do that" I lightly pushed him.

"We're gonna get a penalty in the penalty box, stop" he pushed me back.

"You're so stupid" I laughed. "I'm bored already" I sighed.

"Wow I really bore you that fast now, huh?" He chuckled.

"I don't want to be in here for five minutes of the game" I borderline whined.

"Me either...I have an idea" he turned to me.

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised to show my interest.

"First one to make a noise loses?" He smiled.

"Hmm, I like it! What does the winner get? Bragging rights?"

"I was thinking more like the winner gets to take the loser out" he smirked at me.

"Out?" I asked slightly confused. I thought I understood what he meant but I could be very wrong and that would have been completely embarrassing.

"Like on a date, out" he watched me closely for my reaction.

I tried hard to hide the smile that was growing on my face. Quinn had always been my friend, and for as long as he was my friend I wanted more. Him making a suggestion like he had made my heart beat a little faster and made me so unbelievably happy.

"Is that what you want?" I asked him cautiously.

"More than I want to get out of the box" he smiled slightly.

"Then it's a bet" I extended my hand.

He shook it quickly and sat up straighter.

"You're on, starting....now" he looked at me seriously.

I was winning this, there was no way I was losing.

We had tried everything to make each other make a noise. Poking each other, throwing things at each other anything and everything we could think of.

I had one more trick up my sleeve, I hadn't planned on playing dirty but desperate times called for desperate measures. I had once accidentally found out Quinn had a ticklish spot that you could get to around his gear.

I poked my hand right where I needed too and a laugh finally escaped him. I smirked to myself knowing I had him.

"Looks like I win" I grinned getting up as our time in the box was coming to an end.

"That was not fair at all!" He yelled with a laugh.

"You said nothing about it having to be fair. Now let's finish this game, I have a date to plan" I smiled turning to leave the box as he shook his head at me.

When the game was over I had gotten myself together and was walking to my car when I heard Quinn yelling after me.

"Y/N! Wait up" I kept hearing him repeat himself as he got closer.

"What's up?" I smiled at him when he finally reached me.

"Are you hungry?" He asked seriously.

"Of course I am, why do you ask?" I giggled.

"Good" he laced his fingers with mine gently and tugged me in his direction. "I'm taking you to dinner"

"Hey wait" I stopped, gripping his hand to keep him in place. "This wasn't the bet, I'm supposed to take you out"

"Come on Y/N, you know this isn't how this is going to go" he lightly laughed.

"This? What exactly is this?" I motioned between the two of us with my free hand.

"This" he motioned the same way "I thought was us finally going out on a date"

"Finally?" I looked at him curiously.

"Yeah, finally. Is that not what you wanted this to be?"

I grabbed onto his shirt lightly and pulled his lips down to meet mine. I felt him smile slightly against my lips before pulling me closer to him and deepening the kiss.

"Does that answer your question?" I asked staring up at him after we pulled away.

"Maybe, explain it again?" He smirked at me.

"Shut up" I laughed pulling him back to me.

"Where do you want to eat?" He rubbed his hands over my shoulders.

"Anywhere, I'm actually starving" I giggled wrapping my arms around his middle.

"That's my girl" he kissed my temple and then moved to wrap an arm around my shoulder.

When we got to the restaurant we chose, there was still a small wait since it was the weekend. The very limited seating they had for waiting was completely filled. I tried to move aside to lean against a wall when Quinn pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his hips and laid my head on his shoulder as a small smile reached my lips.

"I have a question" he spoke quietly making me lift my head.

"Mhmm" I looked up at him.

"How did you know my spot?"

"Come again?" I rose an eyebrow at him.

"The spot that made you win"

"Oh, this one?" I asked tickling the same spot I had in the penalty box.

"Stop it" he swatted my hands away with a laugh.

"I remember finding it that one day on accident when we took that road trip" I smiled at him. "And now it's my secret weapon"

"My girlfriend's so mean" he chuckled wrapping his arms around me tightly again.

"I'm your girlfriend?" I looked up at him hopefully.

"Do you not want to be?" He asked seriously.

"I've wanted to be for so long" a smile spread across my face.

"Then yes, you're my girlfriend" he chuckled kissing the top of my head. "I do take back what I said though"

"What you said when?" I asked confused.

"My girlfriend's not mean, my girlfriend's amazing"

I pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. Who knew when I walked into that penalty box for a five minute major it would lead to Quinn and I finally taking the leap from friends to more...maybe I needed to spend more time in the penalty box.

Requested by: @crybabycrosby

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️