A Bet's A Bet - Kirby Dach

I was starting to lose my patience

I was starting to lose my patience. I had been standing in line for over a half an hour and we had barely moved. To top it off, I had gone from hungry to starving.

I had seen this place many times and it always had a good crowd, but it was never this crowded. The amount of people it constantly had made me think that the food was amazing...but was it worth the wait?

I had given myself an extra long break in my schedule for lunch to be able to accommodate the amount of people but I was quickly seeing that I might not have enough time. I had debated going around the corner to a restaurant I had been to a few times already. The food was quite good, the wait was short and they offered things like books, magazines, games and pool tables that I could occupy myself with while I relaxed.

"At what point does the food become not worth it?" The guy behind me in line said, probably more to himself.

"I wouldn't know, I've never eaten here so I don't know how good the food is" I laughed glancing back at him. I don't know how I didn't realize how attractive he was.

"I've been wanting to find out, looks like I picked the wrong day" he motioned with his hands around him.

"Don't worry, so did I." I lightly laughed. "I'm Y/N" I reached my hand out.

"Kirby" he shook my hand.

"Well Kirby, it was nice to meet you but I think I'm going to give up and eat around the corner. The food is pretty good and the wait is less than ten years" I laughed walking out of the line.

He smiled slightly as I turned to leave.

"You know what?" I stopped walking about turned around. "If you don't want to wait forever and a day you could always join me"

He looked at me like he was hesitant and pondering the offer. He was silent for a few seconds before he spoke.

"You said the food was good?" He finally smirked.

"The food is good" I nodded with a giggle.

"Lead the way" he smiled walking at a fast pace to catch up with me.

We sat for awhile getting to know each other and enjoying our food. It seemed so easy to talk to him, like I had already known him well. When he suggested we play a game of connect 4, I thought it seemed kind of silly and like it would be a lot of fun.

We got the almost giant version of the game set up when he motioned for me to go first.

"Get ready to lose, I am the best at this game" I laughed playing the first move.

"Mmm yeah I don't think so" he chuckled going to play his move.

"Get ready to be proven wrong sir" I picked up my next piece.

"Want to make it interesting?" He questioned making me stop what I was doing.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"You win, I'll admit you're the best"

"So far so good, carry on" I giggled.

"I win, you let me take you out. The place with the ten year wait" he laughed.

"Like a date?"

"Like a date"

That was the thing I least expected. He was cute, funny, polite and charming there was no way I thought he would be interested in me but I went along with it anyways. I had a genuine interest in him, his adorableness just happened to be an added bonus.

"You've got yourself a deal" I grinned finally playing my move.

It wasn't a lie, I was great at this game there wasn't a chance I was going to lose. I contemplated losing on purpose just so I could see more of Kirby but figured I at least had to make sure it looked like I was believably trying.

He won. Surprise surprise.

"I thought you were the best at this game" he smirked in my direction as he played the winning piece.

"You just got lucky" I tried to sound offended but in all honesty I was excited we would get to go out again. "A bet's a bet" I shrugged.

"Friday night?" He smiled at me.

"Perfect. For now, how about a rematch? Pool?" I motioned to the pool table.

"You're on, what's at stake this time?" He followed me to the pool table.

"What do you think about raising the stakes?" I looked at him curiously.

He had already bet me a date, I figured I would take my shot and try to sweeten the deal.

"How high are we talking?" He laughed.

"You win, you don't have to take me out" I started before he butted in.

"Unfair, but continue" He made me giggle.

"I win, I get a kiss" I threw it all out there.

"From me right?" He chuckled.

I shook my head at him to signify how ridiculous of a question that was. He looked between me and the table that had been set up ready for play.

"Deal" he said handing me a pool cue.

I broke and on his first shot he sunk the 8 ball turned to me and smiled.

"A bet's a bet" he quickly laid one hand on the side of my face and pulled my lips to his.

Looks like we both had the same idea.

Player Requested by: @B0YPABL0

Sorry if this one is bad, but I hope you like it! Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️