We Love You Too - Brock Boeser

"Please Mary just take a nap" I groaned

"Please Mary just take a nap" I groaned. I was so tired. Mary was nearing two months old and for some reason she had been waking up more and more in the middle of the night.

Being a new mom was rough. I was barely eating, barely sleeping and barely doing anything but making sure Mary was taken care of. It was becoming super stressful, and add to that the fact that the father made it clear he wanted nothing to do with the baby or myself after I found out. It was Mary and I against the world.

As I rocked Mary in my arms attempting to get her to take a nap so I can have a breather, the doorbell rang. I reluctantly went to open the door.

"Caroline?" I asked confused seeing my friend on the other side of the door.

"Hey girl, just stopping by to see the little princess" she walked in.

"Oh, she's actually going down for a nap but I-" I started before she cut me off.

"There's always time for a visit from auntie caroline" she took the baby from my hands.

I wanted to ask if I could take a shower, make something to eat, anything at that point. Instead I settled for something simple.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom I'll be right back" I looked at her hopefully as she nodded nervously.

I ran to the bathroom as quickly as possible. When I got back it was only about ten minutes until she handed the baby back and left. Mary was more wide awake than ever and I felt like I would never be able to get her to nap after that visit.

About a half hour later the doorbell rang again. I breathed out and picked up Mary to answer the door.

"Quinn? What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

I had spent the better part of the night before with him and a few others so I was shocked to see him back so soon.

"I've been thinking since last night" he shifted nervously.

"This should be good" I mumbled to myself.

"Everyone knows he's a jerk" he started speaking as he rubbed the top of Mary's hair.

"Yeah" I breathed a laugh making bring his eyes to me.

"You deserve better, you both do. And we don't hate each other...we could get married, we should get married"

"Quinn...go home" I laughed.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Listen, I know you mean well but let's not do that to either of us. You're so sweet and you're a great friend. I don't need to get married just because of Mary. Plus you deserve to marry someone you love, that you can't wait to spend the rest of your life with and have some adorable babies yourself. You're a sweetheart for willing to jump on that grenade and I love you but I think it's best we don't get married" I lightly laughed.